Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Color Choice If You Ordered a 2005 C6?

Which Color would You Order on a 2005?

• Arctic White

Votes: 17 4.5%
  • LeMans Blue Metallic (extra cost)

Votes: 58 15.3%
  • New, Precision Red

Votes: 28 7.4%
  • Black

Votes: 45 11.8%
  • Machine Silver Metallic

Votes: 48 12.6%
  • New, Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic

Votes: 74 19.5%
  • Millennium Yellow (extra cost)

Votes: 51 13.4%
  • Magnetic Red Metallic II (extra cost)

Votes: 59 15.5%

• Total voters
Precision Red

I was just looking at the pictures of the precision red C6 on the link from the track in Germany. I agree with the folks who think they should have kept the torch red. The precision red is not exactly an eye-catcher, in fact it's a very drab color by comparison. I'm glad I chose Magnetic Red II......

jazzlove:eyerole

New to CAC!

My Vettes have always been Blue so.......LeMans Blue metallic!

mmmmmmmmm.....it would be a toss up between Precision Red, to match my Bright Red '90...or LeMans Blue. Both are my favorite colors.

Well we are looking at picking a C6 up for the 06-07 model. So far SHE likes the red but I want a change so I like the Sunset Orange with cashmere interior and a convertable please

Silver - Black - Yellow

From what I've seen the black interiors match the silver highlights.

I haven't seen any Magnetic Red Metallic @ the plant on the C6's yet . . . I'm pretty sure it will l@@k Sweeeeeeeeeet !

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

LeMans Blue!

It's the only ext color I liked that I could match the gray interior with...

b

Remo said:
I agree with Blade - the Mag Red is a stand out color. I'd make mine a convertible with oak interior and top.

Remo:cool
Remo: Oak top is not available on the C6 convertible. Choices are: Beige (RPO code 35T), Gray (RPO # 37T), and Black (RPO #41T).

Zipster :) :)

Colors

You know, it just makes no sense to me how the folks at GM make decisions about which interior colors can paired with exterior colors. I really want steel gray with my magnetic red coupe, but its not available. If I chose precision red, then I could get it........ The gray would look so good with magnetic red..... My choices are black or that light tan color, neither of which I really care for.....

When you're spending $55,000 + on a car, it ought to be customer choice!

Hellooo, GM???

jazzlove:mad

Although I'm NOT ordering one, Black is THE baddest color on a corvette.

Of course, that is my opinion.

The tripleblack in my sig has nothing to do with that!! :D

Regards,

Pedro:beer

Zippy said:
What color would you order on a new C6?

Zippy :) :)

jazzlove said:
You know, it just makes no sense to me how the folks at GM make decisions about which interior colors can paired with exterior colors. I really want steel gray with my magnetic red coupe, but its not available. If I chose precision red, then I could get it........ The gray would look so good with magnetic red..... My choices are black or that light tan color, neither of which I really care for.....

When you're spending $55,000 + on a car, it ought to be customer choice!

Hellooo, GM???

jazzlove:mad
GM has announced that starting on June 17th, new new color combos will be available:

Steel grey interior (363) will be available with Precision Red (27U) exterior and
Steel grey interior (363) will be available with Magnetic Red Metallic(86UU) exterior.

Great News!

Thats awesomely good news.... Thanks for the update, but where did you get the info?

jazzlove:D

I would be open to something new, but as of right now I love black on a corvette. It sure is hard to take car of, but when black paint is clean it is beutiful.

Craig

Over at the C5 Registry forum they are saying that GM has been listening to the feedback at the C6 showings to date and they will be replacing the color early in the first production year with a color more similar to, yet named different from Torche Red.

I am a bit skeptical. Given the long term purchasing commitments required in the Auto industry, this action would amaze me. This will be interesting to watch.

I think it is interesting how close the race between all of the colors is (except white). I guess they have a well-rounded diverse selection. However, if Torch Red were an option it might not be such a close race. :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom