Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Color Choice If You Ordered a 2005 C6?

Which Color would You Order on a 2005?

• Arctic White

Votes: 17 4.5%
  • LeMans Blue Metallic (extra cost)

Votes: 58 15.3%
  • New, Precision Red

Votes: 28 7.4%
  • Black

Votes: 45 11.8%
  • Machine Silver Metallic

Votes: 48 12.6%
  • New, Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic

Votes: 74 19.5%
  • Millennium Yellow (extra cost)

Votes: 51 13.4%
  • Magnetic Red Metallic II (extra cost)

Votes: 59 15.5%

• Total voters
From what I understand Vic.Red. is the same red that is on all Chev. trucks and cars now.....I have an Avalanche that is Vic Red. and didnt want a Vette to match so went with Precision red...

Since the Torch Red is no longer offered on the C6, I would like to get a Red that is as close to the Torch Red as possible. Had a previous C5 that was that color and really like it. Thanks

Therefore I would like to know which red is close to the Torch Red on the C6. Also does the C6 come with power driver seat and can you get the heads up display by itself or you have to order the package? Thanks for all the help.

My car is Torch red. I think Mag read is the closest by looking at the pics. Of course you are not going to get a very good comparison due to different light conditions.

After seeing all the colors at Corvettes at Carlisle, I'd have to say, I'd probably go with either Red, Machine Silver, Daytona Sunset Orange or Magnetic Red Metallic.

In a way, I wish they came back with Spiral Gray Metallic for the 2005. This color is one of the best colors to ever come on a Corvette - especially when it's highlighted in the sun.

Last year, when I was at the factory, they had a couple Spiral Gray Metallic coupes pulled over to the side, and an engineer was inspecting the finish. They were pulled up right along side of the tour line that runs through the plant so I had a chance to see it up close. The depth of the paint due to the metallic flakes was incredible. Under artificial lights, the body panels looked like pools of sparkling water.

UB2 SLOW said:
Rob, is the Lemans blue not any good?
It's ok if you like dark colors. I'm not crazy about dark colors on any car because I feel that they hide the lines of the car. On the other side of the spectrum, I'm not crazy about white because I feel it tends to wash out the lines of car.

That's why I like colors that are in between such as red, yellow, brighter metallics, etc.

I agree with the white. I fell in love with the Blue on the C5. The Spiral Metalic Gray was the best. I really like the Orange, but I need to see the cars in person in the sunlight before I make a final decesion.

UB2 SLOW said:
I agree with the white. I fell in love with the Blue on the C5. The Spiral Metalic Gray was the best. I really like the Orange, but I need to see the cars in person in the sunlight before I make a final decesion.
I agree. i wasn't sure if I was going to like the Daytona Sunset Orange color. But after seeing it in person, I have to admit, it's a cool color.

Looks like GM has been doing its homework.

Y'all seem to be pretty much evenly divided as to your color preferences:

attachment.php

I happen to be partial to the silver of course. :v

Rob said:
It's ok if you like dark colors. I'm not crazy about dark colors on any car because I feel that they hide the lines of the car.
See, I guess I'm exactly opposite of you in color preference, Rob. I love the darker colors. I'll willingly concede the point that compared to color choices like yellow, red, etc., they are a true PITA to keep clean- no arguments from the owner of black Z06. But when they are clean, waxed and polished, for me, darker colors like the deep blues, spiral grays or black are just more dramatic and have a real presence. I love they way those dark colors in a bright day look like pools with shine so deep it appears you dive into them.

Okay, that's getting a bit on the poetic license side. I'll stop now. But it goes to show that color choices for Corvettes are ultimately subjective. Give me a beautiful dark finish, and I'm happy! :cool

-Patrick

jazzlove said:
You know, it just makes no sense to me how the folks at GM make decisions about which interior colors can paired with exterior colors. I really want steel gray with my magnetic red coupe, but its not available. If I chose precision red, then I could get it........ The gray would look so good with magnetic red..... My choices are black or that light tan color, neither of which I really care for.....

When you're spending $55,000 + on a car, it ought to be customer choice!

Hellooo, GM???

jazzlove:mad

I am in complete agreement with you. I want to have a Red vette, interior and exterior, with a camel convert roof. For the price I am expected to pay I ought to be able to have that. But someone decided for me that I could only have a black top.??? They are going to have camel tops in production and so why must they (GM) have the assembler pick up the black top instead of the camel top? There is no sense to that.
Enjoy

Hi all!

I am new to the forum, I am a soon to be a C6 convertible owner. My choice is Magnetic red. However my husband and I disagree on the interior and top color. One of us is a fan of black the other of cashmere. I would love to hear any opinions! What do you think?

Daytona Sunset orange, with Black interior, would be my color choice for a C6.

Tom said:
Daytona Sunset orange, with Black interior, would be my color choice for a C6.
Hey Tom, that color combo sounds awsome! But we already decided on Magnetic Red, do you think the black interior would look as good in the red as it would in the orange? Or do you think the tan and cashmire would be better?

Thanks,

Fran and Bruce...

BADsBabe said:
Hey Tom, that color combo sounds awsome! But we already decided on Magnetic Red, do you think the black interior would look as good in the red as it would in the orange? Or do you think the tan and cashmire would be better?

Thanks,

Fran and Bruce...
The Magnetic Red C5's I've seen with black interior really look good. I think the C6 would look awesome with that color combination. The Black interior contrast, seems to bring the Magnetic Red to life. Your eye stays on the color, it dosn't drift to the interior.

I've seen the Precision Red in person, and it is probably the truest red I've ever seen on a car, very nice. However, if I were to chose red, it would be magnetic red. I've also seen the Sunset Orange in person, and it is a color that grows on me, but would not be something I would order. For me, the LeMans blue is the only choice. BEAUTIFUL color, especially in the sunlight right after washing/waxing (ok,so I'm biases because I just washed mine for the 3rd time in the week I've owned it and applied some wax as you dry to it this time too :) ) No, I don't think that is obsessive. 3 times a day is obsessive...

I was wondering knowing that we chose magnetic red what would you do for the interior and top? Would you choose black or tan?

No choice but Red!

For some reason there is not a bad color except the pewter color that was a choice on the C5.

One of the worst colors for a vette is the old silver color because it looked old after a week.

It seems to me that the only shades shipped no matter what brand is black, silver and white from a KIA to a Mercedes. The answer is if it isn't a BMW or a Mercedes or any other high end car over $50,000 the only thing you are driving is a wanabee!

I'm guilty also and l'm still complaining.

Alan

p.s. Take this with a grain of salt!

The red would be my first choice and then the yellow and lastly the new blue.

C6 Color shoice

Have thought it over, and after seeing the Sunset color at the plant, and with no Medium Spiral Gray [What were they thinking/smoking when they dropped it??] I would try the orange, and hope I didn't ask myself "Why?" a month after getting it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom