Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Color Choice If You Ordered a 2005 C6?

Which Color would You Order on a 2005?

• Arctic White

Votes: 17 4.5%
  • LeMans Blue Metallic (extra cost)

Votes: 58 15.3%
  • New, Precision Red

Votes: 28 7.4%
  • Black

Votes: 45 11.8%
  • Machine Silver Metallic

Votes: 48 12.6%
  • New, Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic

Votes: 74 19.5%
  • Millennium Yellow (extra cost)

Votes: 51 13.4%
  • Magnetic Red Metallic II (extra cost)

Votes: 59 15.5%

• Total voters
Victory Red with the cashmire interior, Z51 package, 6 speed trans and the QY1 wheel option with of course Delivery in Bowling Green ..... now to convince my wife this is a great retirement package, after all our annaversary is this week. Take care

Picked It Up: 2004-12-17, Put It Away: 2 Days Later

2004-12-08

I ordered mine in September, they promised before Thanksgiving, didn't happen. They promised before Christmas...just got a call today, my Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic C6 Z51 6-Speed has been created! 1-2 weeks will find me in the driver's seat.

Ok now, I have to calm myself down. I can handle this. I'm giving up my 2000 Magnetic Red Metallic Z51 6-Speed, including my beautiful HRE wheels, but it's time.

I'll let you know how it goes. Course, winter in the Northeast will put a major damper on this situation. But just 1 ride (maybe 2) before I put 'er away 'till Spring.

By the way, pretty clever of those marketing types to put "Daytona" into the color name, isn't it?

2004-12-12
Today I cleaned out my C5, ready for giving away. It will be a sad day to see my beauty go. 12 CD's ejected from the player in the back, minor items stored in the compartments removed, vacuumed one last time so I can see it at it's best on the last day (was already sparkling under protective cover). Title and C6 contract sitting on the kitchen counter, ready...

2004-12-17
3pm is C6 pickup time today. I admired my C5 2K Coupe and it's beautiful HRE 540 wheels as I left it in the parking lot this morning at work. Last looks before trade-in this afternoon. Bank check is cut, title & reg for transfer all ready. 3 hours and 20 minutes to go...

2004-12-19
So I picked up my new C5 2 days ago but sadly put it away for the winter today (snow coming tonight). Simply put, this car is truly awesome.

Green anyone?

With all the focus on environmentalism I'd think that GREEN would be a natural for the new Corvette. Green to remind everyone that the C6, while be one of the most powerful cars on the road, also delivers a very patriotic level of gas mileage.

So how about it GM.......why not a Green C6?

The OLDGOAT likes his greens.

Ordered Red But Bought Daytona Sunset Orange

I've always bought red sports cars but this time I was taken by the Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic. This car always looks wet in this color. The color also seems to change a bit depending on the light and the angle from which you look at it. Smitty

My Choice

219Hey_am_I_Cool_or_what1-med.jpg

anybody heard about two new exterior colors for the '05? I picked this up on another vette website as a teaser. Only "members" who pay get the answer at that site. I am still looking for green myself.

For 2006 the new colors are monterey red and velocity yellow

I'm partial to the DSOM. I've got a mental immage of one with black wheels, lowered with tinted windows. :cool

c6coupeorange6-29-04.jpg

Hey Zip, are they gonna make the Z in this color? Now THAT would be an awaome machine!!

Black is what I ordered and have. Would order that beauty in Black again.

I'm partial to Red, but I'm terrible about keeping it clean. I really like to looks of DSOM but they aren't selling well (at least in St. Louis). One dealer here has one in the showroom. I think it has been there 6 months! I really like the looks of Black too, but there is that cleaning problem again.

So, what is my final choice? Silver. On order - NCM delivery.

I just took delivery of my Mag Red Vert! I never owned a Deep red car before...and I am loving it!

But I have to say the C6 is so hot there isn't a color that it looks bad in!!!!

I bought the blue with the gray interior and I love it. My second choice was the red metallic.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom