Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

what direction to take w/ 79

kingkeith427

Corvette
1979 coupe
I bought a 79 2 yrs ago that was a basket case that had had an engine fire. It has the original block but it has now been bored out and stroked to a 383. I have aftermarket steel heads on it, headers, Holley aluminum intake, Edelbrock carb, and aluminum radiator, the tras had been reworked and it has a stall convertor. It should be around 400 or so hp. The car had been repainted but is in poor (chips)shape .I put a used hood on it . Interior is original and in poor shape also. I am wondering what the value may be? My wife would like it back original but all the a/c equipment is gone. I built the motor to be fast and it is. I just got it running at the beginning of summer. I dont think its worth to try to go back original and am thinking of taking car in a total pro street type of way as it is very fast and would serve well at the drag strip. I am also thinking it would be a lot cheaper for interior replacement this way also. Any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks,
Keith

Taking it back to stock will be essentially worthless. 1979 is one of, if not the cheapest years out there. There's little to no collectability value to them right now. Dropping money hand over fist to restore it would be "not wise". Take it the pro-street route. It'll be the most fun that way and you'll feel like you have something to show for the time & money invested.

My 2¢...

As a 79 owner, I'd have to agree with have at it but only because is sounds like yours is pretty far from stock already. While we all know a 79 will never be worth what a 69 or mid year is, I think there is some value to be had, or at least I sure as hell hope so.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom