Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Do U Think?

76corvette

Corvette
1976 White L82 Coupe & 2001 White Convert
Hey, thanx to everybody for the help! I was really prepared to buy a vette in boston but when i got there there were problems with it... The headlights didnt come up at the same time (sometimes not at all) so I think there was a vacuum leak..Needless to say, When I went out to see the vette in boston... I WAS DISSAPOINTED.. so even though i spent money to fly out there, i left it!! I stopped in Chicago on the way home and I bought this one!!! Check that engine.. totally rebuilt and look how CLEAN it is :) I could have never gotten my old 76 to look like that.. i got it for 13,250! heres the link.. not sure how long the post will stay up since its sold tho.. http://www.usedcorvettesforsale.com/out.php?id=5738

The Engine of Course.. its a .030 bored L82 (Even Matching Numbers on the engine)
5738.7.jpg

The Interior.. it was dirty but it was in the shop getting new brakes put on when I went to see it.. you can see how nice that red looks when the sun hits it .. The doorpanels are allright for now but I will want to get new ones cause of those things on the arm rest.. (they hide a crack the guy said). ANYONE GOT SOME DEALS ON FIRETHORN DOORPANELS??? EMAIL ME AT DGVIPER@JUNO.COM PLEASE!!! :BOW :bu
5738.4.jpg

It will be two weeks before I goto Chicago to get it... CANT WAIT TO GET IN IT AND GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :Steer

Cause they were hidden:
-- ANYONE GOT FIRETHORN DOOR PANELS (NICE CONDITION) THEY WANT TO SELL? - (Or Anyone Seen Inexpensively Priced ones?)
-- Anyone Have Tips or Know of Products that do NICE Minor Paint Chip Touchups?

MY EMAIL IS DGVIPER@Juno.com

:v

It wouldnt let me add that many pictures so I just thought i would put this in a new msg...

Here is the Exterior and it looks great I think... There are some minor chips and things but nothing to cause concern.. ;shrug anyone got any ideas for NICE minor paint touchups??? :duh
5738.jpg

The shade makes it look not so hot but when the light hits it its an amazing color..
5738.3.jpg

The Shade again makes it look not so great but i just wanted to show all the angles :)..
5738.2.jpg

The underbody and frame are AMAZING... there is NO rust and its the nicest I have ever seen. DYNOMAX mufflers (stainless) but they are too quiet for me.. thinking about ordering up another MAD (www.madvet.com) Chambered Exhaust or Something nice low & loud like Flowmaster or something
5738.5.jpg

My EMAIL IS DGVIPER@Juno.com

;stupid

thanx, anyone know what the orange/yellow arrow is pointing to? I will need to get another where the purple arrow is pointing.. If the picture isnt loading... its the rubber piece that down near the wells that (as far as i can tell) just keep the hood up straight... they are little rubber squares but I want to know if anyone knows what they are called....

beautiful car. i have the same wheels on my 74. the thingies are rubber alignment blocks for the hood. help get it to set right.

robin

:dance Thanx!! I knew someone would know... and btw, he had those rims AND the rallye rims but I told him I wanted the rallye rims instead so hes going to switch them and put some new goodyear eagle gt 2s on there also. BAH I cant wait!!! :Steer

-- ANYONE GOT FIRETHORN DOOR PANELS (NICE CONDITION) THEY WANT TO SELL? - (Or Anyone Seen Inexpensively Priced ones?)

:CAC

Very nice.

You say you're switching rims? Any idea what he might want for the set you aren't using (the ones currently on the car)?

Joe

Thanx.. This will be down the road a ways... but anyone have mirror t-tops laying around they might want to sell?? And... any recommendations on new exhaust? i got a (EXPENSIVE) dynomax on there but its a little bit on the quiet side for me.. anyone recommend Flowmaster? I love the deep/low sound!!

:v

I had flowmaster 50's with stock pipes minus the cat for a while before the rebuild. sounded real nice. very clean deep tone. Now, with the sidepipes, its all the noise youll need. great idle rumble and amazing at wot. besides my occasional passenger's leg burns its well worth it to me. and those pipes get complements even when parked and off.....

Wheel?

I have one of those wheels as a spare. If anyone in the MD,VA,DC area wants to trade for a 15x8 rallye let me know.

-Gooney0

I had the MAD Chambered Exhaust that used the same "chambered" part and then it ran out the back and sounded REALLY nice.. I am kinda thinking about getting one again.. it was only 300 bucks but you need someone to install it for ya.. I went to the flowmasters site and from the sounds I would like a 40 more than a 50.. the original series (not the delta).. any idea of what they cost?

i got my flowmasters on sale through summit for 148 for the pair, i know theres gotta be places to get them cheaper, but at that time, i just had to have that sound. my friend has the 40's on a mild 383, and its just a little to raspy for me, more of a gurgle than a rumble. i dont know about closer to stock motors however, it might be more tame and actually sound better. remember that those sound clips of flowmaster are on real nice motors and every car soudns different, so its hard to judge. Im thinking of putting my old flowmasters on my 4cyl s10 230,000 mile work truck and see what it sounds like ;) :L :L :L

hmmmmmm.. what to do...... at least I have time to choose.. I wont be doing it until winter or even the spring.. the dynomax arent that bad so it wont be an embarresment to drive it around with them on there :) they are really expensive as far i have ever seen. I know this depends what state ur in (minnesota doesnt have inspections) but im curious if u have ur catalytic converter still on your car... how MUCH of a difference does it make in sound? my new vette has the cat still on it with the dynomax mufflers... but my old vette had a chambered exhaust without them (there was no mufflers so really hard to tell a difference)... I might try taking them off and leaving the dynomax mufflers on there... any thoughts?

inspected when i bought it w/o cats and the inspector didnt even look for it! got lucky........ no need for any more inspections unless i move out of state. so im stuck in kansas. oh well...... anyway, no cats +50 series are great low rumble. light rev and alarms are set off and thats with the stock 2-1-2 pipes. if i would have made true 2 1/2-3" duals to the back i can only imagine...... and that was stock headers too. add a pair of nice headers (i have a set of hooker comp's that i was going to use and have about 5 hours on them if anyone is interested) and then add pipes, mufflers, good to go. i like most any exhaust as long as its a clean low deep tone. as far as chambered goes, ive heard it and liked it, but flowmasters are so unrestrictive and also add a boost in power over stok components.......

you got a product number for those 50's... ? Last time i installed a exhaust without cats I just took the whole pipe off and ran it with nothing past the manifolds and then they threw on the exhaust and welded on some nice tips.. might have them do it again (it was The Wonderful Muffler Man) The flowmasters site is really wierd and I guess i was wondering if u would happen to know the product number

hehe.. i figured it out..

$111.41 (Do You Think Thats Each?)
2.50" IN (O) / OUT (C): 50 Series Delta Flow

You seen them anywhere for a better price? ( You know what is going to happen.. I am going to buy this thing really soon cause I'm getting overly excited :gap )

Anyone know if the KBD Targa Chrome Tip Mufflers are any good? I think they LOOK great but not sure bout the sound... (Dont even really see any mufflers on there.. they there?)

76corvette said:
And... any recommendations on new exhaust? i got a (EXPENSIVE) dynomax on there but its a little bit on the quiet side for me.. anyone recommend Flowmaster? I love the deep/low sound!!

Dynomax? Quiet? What model Dynomax mufflers are on there? I have Mid-America dial 2-1/2" stainless pipes feeding into Dunomax stainless Ultra-Flo's, and the car certainly announces its presence. I've been told that my dogs can hear me coming when I'm still 1/8 mile from the house. The car sounds like something out of Nascar when I pass someone with the secondaries open :)

If yours is too quiet, I think there's something wrong with it... :(

Joe

Not sure if there are different models... I just know they are stainless steel dynomax mufflers and the engine is a bored .030 L82... its got the catalytic converter... would that really make that much of a difference... its very quiet I think... that concern you? why? what could be wrong? I have had a Chambered Exhaust on my old 76 with a stock L48 and it was REALLY loud and i loved it.. maybe too loud :eyerole

Summit screwed me over on a purchace a while back so now i only deal with jegs. i see that jegs has a 2 1/2 in/out 50 series for 89.99 each. w/stock pipes that would work i think. thats what i got neways and my muffler shop did it. p/n 389-942552 on jegs.
i heard a dynamax car today btw, was a rustang, but it did sound nice..... clean tone, rough mean @ high revs... but to me, the flowmasters reputation and ability to achieve the power and the sound, that great sound, just cant be beat to me........

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom