Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What do ya think Ya or nay ?

supernatural400

Corvette
1993 SuperNatural 400 #5 /99 LS1 Z28 N2O equipped
I'm thinking about installing the aux. lights that mount into the front license plate housing. anybody have those ,if so how do you like them. I kinda like the looks of them. I'm also thinking about getting rid of the retractable head lights and replacing those with non retractable ones, there painted to match the body, and have fans inside to keep the condensation out, clear plexiglass. I'm trying to find a picture of a C4 with those installed just to get a look

Ron, since you're into some modifications to the appearance of your Vette, I'd like to ask your opinion of the Stalker front bumper for the C4s, available through Mid America Designs. Have you seen it and if so what do you think of the looks? It's sorta "Viper-ish", but it would certainly be different. I've never seen one on the street.

_ken :w

I vote NAY

I think it would not add that much to the look to justify the expense.

Mike

If da cap fits, let dem wear it!

Judging by your taste in automobiles and based on the cost of your car, I would say gopher it. Either the Callaway has put you in the hole or you have the money toss that way.

IMO, I like that look on the outer sides of the bumper. ;)

Like I said though, your taste may exceed mine like the car lengths you would place between yourself and I. :eek

'another note. I think the stalker bumper makes it look like a firebird'

"Hay" is for horses

"Insert rimshot here"
BaDUM> tssss!
:J

Ken said:
Ron, since you're into some modifications to the appearance of your Vette, I'd like to ask your opinion of the Stalker front bumper for the C4s, available through Mid America Designs. Have you seen it and if so what do you think of the looks? It's sorta "Viper-ish", but it would certainly be different. I've never seen one on the street.

I don't really like the stalker, as I think it makes the car look to bulky. I had a greenwood kit on and LT4 roadster except for the rear molding I thought that to looked bulky also

Re: If da cap fits, let dem wear it!

evolution said:
Judging by your taste in automobiles and based on the cost of your car, I would say gopher it. Either the Callaway has put you in the hole or you have the money toss that way.

IMO, I like that look on the outer sides of the bumper. ;)

Like I said though, your taste may exceed mine like the car lengths you would place between yourself and I. :eek

'another note. I think the stalker bumper makes it look like a firebird'

Not sure what youe mean by the outter edges of the bumper, I'm not looking for a ground kit as the only one I woud I would even consider would be the Callaway Aerobody but that's too pricey for me. for what they want to purchase, install and paint i could get a nice C3 for that amount. Lights are not that expensive, the center kit runs around 400 bucks and the non retractables around a grand

nyernga said:

Leave it to a Californian to be in the market for a "nose job"......:L

I say yea to the small lights and hay to the headlight change.

Len

Just wondering, why Nay on the small lights or should I say hay

super,
i saw a C4 picture with the headlight kit you're talking about. now if i could only remember where... it did look good.

ken,
i say Nay big time on the Stalker. Now this is of course purely personal taste. Seeing as you have the MAD catalog. I'm looking in the C4 only catalog. I really like the ACI Aero Kit, part#611-176. It is a full kit and is pretty toned down but definetely a noticeable change.

Graham

Just checked www.breathlessperformance.com and under the C4 lighting section they have some pictures, what do ya think ?

that red vette with the white strip looks good too, hummm, maybe something else to think about

Sorry to detract from your original post Ron, I believe I'll pass on the Stalker kit. Thanks for the feedback guys, now you can focus on Ron's question. :L

BTW, I like the racing lights in the middle, the jury's out on the non-retractable headlights though. ;)

not a problem. just looked at the stalker again, might look alright if the whole car was done, but I havn't seen the rest of the body panels. wish I could find a car around here that had the retractables, then again if I found one it wouldn't be the only one. and I like to have cars that are different from all the rest

supernatural400 said:
...I like to have cars that are different from all the rest

That's why I was eyeballing the Stalker; no one's got one around here, and with the sidepipes that I'm already running, well... :L

Have you seen the rest of the kit on a car, I don't think I have every seen one all together

Nah, they only show the head-on picture in MAD's catalog and I've never seen one on a Corvette either on the street or in a picture. :(

The only non-Callaway body kit I have ever liked is the Morrison Snakeskinner kit.

Ron,

Ken posted those pictures several months ago and asked how we liked those lights. I said I liked them but was flooded with nay sayers. Well I still like them . So there. :t

Tom

Here are some pics of this, err, rather 'unique' body kit...

gino_sprockel_1992_1.jpg

gino_sprockel_1992_2.jpg

Henri,
the Netherlands

If you want to see a picture of a C4 with the lights, look at the online Eckler’s catalog under lighting. I haven’t seen a C4 areo kit that looks good. They all looked tacked on.

Bill.

You could go with the Vette-a-rossa.........or not:L
I would do that if I had nine mint vettes and one beater

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom