Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What do you do to your Corvette for Winter Hibernation

In October I try to wash and wax, condition leather, silicone grease the weatherstripping. Around Thanksgiving I add fuel stabilizer to a full tank and put in in my garage on jackstands and cover it with a technalon cover then a waterproof cover. I stuff a few dryer sheets in the tailpipes.

I have just been letting the battery die and then in the Spring give it a 24 hour charge and this has been working fine for about six years same battery. But I'm told I'm taking a risk with the ECU so maybe this year I will disconnect battery. My garage is not heated but generally does not get below 32 since it is attached to the house.

:duh LT4 with 34 thou wants to be driven so I do it (if there's no snow on the road). Heater works great by the way!!!

I have just been letting the battery die and then in the Spring give it a 24 hour charge and this has been working fine for about six years same battery. But I'm told I'm taking a risk with the ECU so maybe this year I will disconnect battery. My garage is not heated but generally does not get below 32 since it is attached to the house.

I'm amazed that your battery will still take a charge - usually repeated deep-cycle discharges result in sulfating the plates, and the battery is history. I put a Battery Tender on mine once a month for about 24 hours during its 6-month winter hibernation, and the Delco batteries in both of my toys are nine years old.

:beer

John,

May I ask why you don't just leave the Battery Tender on all the time? Mine shows a green light when the battery is fully charged and not charging and the red comes on when it is charging.

I have one on the mower all winter and one on the '81.

Tom

John,

May I ask why you don't just leave the Battery Tender on all the time? Tom

'Cuz it gets in the way when I'm working on the car; once a month keeps the battery fully-charged, and it's not in the way when the uncontrollable urge strikes to check off another item on my worklist. :)

I'm amazed that your battery will still take a charge - usually repeated deep-cycle discharges result in sulfating the plates, and the battery is history. I put a Battery Tender on mine once a month for about 24 hours during its 6-month winter hibernation, and the Delco batteries in both of my toys are nine years old.

:beer

Thanks for your comment. I think I'll do that starting this year, I actually thought the battery would have needed replaced by now too.

:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom