Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What does that button do?

S

sensahumor

I soooo need help,
I have what I was told a 1992 but when I got the oil changed they told me it said it was a 1993 on the engine.
It may be a ruby.. it's a very dark metallic burgundy? It has high polished Chrome Rims that look factory but most of the ones I've seen is brushed aluminum.

I've never owned a corvette and just love it but there are so many buttons that I'm not familiar with.
My major question is what the heck are the two side switches or buttons just left of my hip on the drivers side door. these do not illuminate so I'm not sure if they even work. I've read the Original manual but it's just not in there.;shrug any advise would be appreciated.

The only ones I can think of on the door are the power windows. By the way this pops out and can be replaced, it's around $100 for the switch. I think what happens here it can get wet if the window is left slightly open. Power mirror knob and door locks, that's it on the door from what I can recall.

Robert, the switches I'm talking about are mounted on a carpet pad on the floor next to my left hip. They seem to be on off switches, I thought they were at first seat controls but they are located to my right and work just fine. Power windows everything works fine.
Maybe they are some switches for the engine? The puzzle continues.. thanks.

Sorry bout that...I thought you meant on the door. Maybe someone else knows what they might be for. If you don't get any response I have the FSM's for the 93. I'll look but it won't be till the weekend.

Was there an owners manual with the car? What year is it for if there is one? Post the VIN number and someone will decode it for you, or google a VIN decoder and do it yourself. I think that there should also be a sticker from the factory on the drivers side door, and it should also have a date on it. Pictures will also help to identify the car as well as the switches. Could be that a previous owner installed the switchews him/her self.
Andy

In a C4, there are no production "switches" mounted to the left of the driver seat, on the floor or the sill plate.

Most likely, a previous owner installed some aftermarket electrical devices and those switches control them.

I will check when I get home but I do believe there is a button over there and it has sunthin to do with the seat belts. Locks them up or sunthin. I have a 93:beer

ok I think it's a 1992
I do have an owners manual and it's a 92
here is the vin number
1G1yy23P2N5107747
I did take a picture of the switches and just below it is the emergency brake.. I will post the picture when I learn how.. thanks so much everybody.

The VIN number says it's a '92!
Andy

I will check when I get home but I do believe there is a button over there and it has sunthin to do with the seat belts. Locks them up or sunthin. I have a 93:beer

This one??

or this one?

<Edit> Obviously the two pictures i posted were OE controls but not the ones the OP was talking about. To ease the confusion I've taken them down. :)

Now that I see the pictures....those controls are stock.

Earlier posts in this thread ID'ed these as electrical switches mounted on the floor or on the sillplate, however, now that I see images, it's clear that they are not electrical at all.

The lever on the seat controls one of the seat adjustments and the button on the seat belt reel (marked "cinch") is the "cinch-lock" for the lap belt.

Both those controls are OE.

I apologize for posting incorrect info. I should have waited until images were posted.

Open your hood and see if those switches turn off the under hood lights. Thats about the only reason I can think of that someone would put switches like that in.

could be for a sound system. I have the cooling fans hooked to a switch on the dash, might be they did that and mounted it there.

Glenn
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom