Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What does that do???

K

kev75stingray

I have an automatic 75 and to the left of the brake pedal there is another pedal that clicks when it is pushed. Does anybody know what it is for?

Are you referring to the headlight high beam switch?

PS: This is under the carpet.

Of course on mine, there is a clutch pedal to the left of the brake pedal and the switch is to the left of that.

Double ditto.

I know we are talking about old cars when when we are asking about the headlight high beam switch being on the floor. That is so long ago that I forgot that that was how it was done way back when.

Kev75 I'm afraid to ask what year you were born (1957 for me).

Bob

Ok bobchad, I was born in '42. I remember the hi-beam switch being a button about the size of a half-dollar sticking up thru the carpet on "way older cars" (like in the '50s), providing your car actually had full carpet. Now for even older cars there might be a starter button on the floor also.

KenSny,
Do you remember the old "Wonderbar" radio and the button on the floorboard :D

Oh yea the heel on gas, toe on the starter Mech.. ( I won't say what we used to call it :D )

BudD
:w

Rare81 said:

( I won't say what we used to call it :D )
BudD
:w

I'll throw out a whippersnapper of a guess.....it was a horse! Well Bud, did I get it right:t? :SLAP:L:L

Back on topic, the first time I bought a car that didn't have the dimmer on the floor, it took me a couple days to figure out how to turn the hi-beams on:eyerole.

- Eric :w

Yep:dance My old 57 Buick had starter engage in gas pedal. And those fins:eek :L :L
And how about those Dodges. My 60's had a push button tranny with a slide bar for reverse. Now that's driving:L :L

Didn't mean to get too far off topic:eyerole But it is Friday:J :beer :beer :drink

Digging way back in the ol' memory bank , I seem to remember an aftermarket pedal that snapped on to the dimmer switch . I bet he has one of those .

DkBG said:
Digging way back in the ol' memory bank , I seem to remember an aftermarket pedal that snapped on to the dimmer switch . I bet he has one of those .

Yeah, there was one that looked like a little foot outlined in chrome....was it CalCustom? Hmmm taking my memory for a jog:D.

Sorry Kev, for getting off topic with your question. As you can see, we are a pretty easy going bunch here.

- Eric :w

Its was the high beam switch! Thanks for the help guys.

By the way, I was born in 1980.

I just love it when the solutions are easy.

Ah, for the simple days again. Cars weighed a couple of tons (we Americans loved our steel), built like tanks, never worried about a shopping cart denting anything, fins like aircraft. If you could get them to 100mph they were solid as rocks in a straight line, but come to a curve - you're history...

Ken, I thought that's what the fins were for, cuttin through the air or the grass when you missed a turn.:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom