Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What is it with Mustang guys?

Its what they call "small man syndrome":boogie:boogie:boogie:thumb

I think we've all had this happen at one time or another. To me, it's the equivalent of a Piper cub taking on a F-18. I too am of the age where getting envolved with a jackass on a busy road is just not worth the danger to other people, and my own prized C-5. I just wave the idiot on and slow down so he doesn't get the chance to do any damage. If he wants to wreak his car that's his choice, go ahead brother, hells only half full ! :w

". . . .and even motorcycles."

Man, the only time I got smoked was going against a motorcycle!!!!!! Hp to weight ratio that a Corvette can't get!!!!! ;shrug

i spoke to soon.... on my way to pick my kid up from school today i had a blue mustang lurching up on my tail the entire ride... im not gonna race the guy and im CERTAINLY not gonna do it in a school zone... they tow you for that sort of thing!!

New corvette owner here and I noticed that also! Mostly mustangs. The ricers always trumpet their fart cans on the way by too!
Its annoying when you are in a vert trying to enjoy a relaxing ride with your wife. Lord knows she isnt going to like it if I race with them!

Heres my take on it, they think they are the coolest, then you come into their "coolness" and trump them. Then they have to make arses of themselves to try and bring the attention back to them.:thumb

Mustang Egos

I have had the same problem with my 64 coupe, 327 300hp. A stock 5.0 is no problem for me to shut down. I don't even waste my time or gas anymore.:boogie

Hate to go against the trend...but....Im not seeing it. They seem to either operate like everyone else around me (no different than any other vehicle), or slide up...take a look...and slide past nice and polite like.

Im sure it's not my car (just about stock A4), just lucky I geuss.

Edit
Come to think of it, I went over to the Starbucks parking lot the other night (wide open well lit), just felt like staying out for a bit, threw a coat of wax on the C5. And come to think of it, most of the car type people (mostly ricers, there was one ferrari, and one chevelle) did "make a little noise" as they left, but, thats definitly not the same as pulling up on you and revving. Maybe Im missing it :)

Friday I took my Vette over for new tires. As I pulled out and headed for home, you guessed it, a mustang pulls right on my butt and hangs there for a while as I roll through town. He finally turned off, I guess he realized that I wasn't going to "rise to the occasion".

". . . .and even motorcycles."

Man, the only time I got smoked was going against a motorcycle!!!!!! Hp to weight ratio that a Corvette can't get!!!!! ;shrug

i had quite a few pursiuts in my day as a cop and will admit i didnt win them all.. but NEVER even came close to catching a bike that didnt want to get caught... but the fastest i have ever been was on a motorcycle 160 some odd mph last time i dared look down at the speedo

Dang Toms you must have a crap load of Mushtangs in your area! LOL I had this problem for about the first 6 months of getting my vett. After that they stopped bothering me because they knew I wasnt going to play.

Yea, we an a ton of those things around here, we even have some of those Ford cars by that name too!:boogie

Actually in our small high school there are 6 of the new style Mustangs, 5 of them GTs and one Stage 2 Roush, driven by students.

Just a thought :eek:hnoes

I sure do love the sound of the GT and those Shelby's and Roush just sound down right Bad A$$. I can only image being a Teenager or in my "Early" 20's and having a car that sounded like the GT, Shelby or Roush :lou

With a six speed or whatever they come with now a days, just going through the gears would be pure enjoyment. Hell old Rare with her Flow Master 40's gets my blood pressure up, even if Abby is a bit faster :chuckle (Abby is ok a WOT) :chuckle

Just my thoughts, Ford or not those Mustang GT's sure do make me look as they go through the gears :dance

Bud

Its what they call "small man syndrome":boogie:boogie:boogie:thumb

Well said ARKvette02.

Mustang and ricer drivers are compensating for having "small" blocks...

:chuckle

Just a thought :eek:hnoes

I sure do love the sound of the GT and those Shelby's and Roush just sound down right Bad A$$. I can only image being a Teenager or in my "Early" 20's and having a car that sounded like the GT, Shelby or Roush :lou

With a six speed or whatever they come with now a days, just going through the gears would be pure enjoyment. Hell old Rare with her Flow Master 40's gets my blood pressure up, even if Abby is a bit faster :chuckle (Abby is ok a WOT) :chuckle

Just my thoughts, Ford or not those Mustang GT's sure do make me look as they go through the gears :dance

Bud

Bud, I'd admit that those GTs and the Roush sound pretty good. But those kids are spoiled brats. None of those kids have had to work for one red cent....sorry I'll get off the soapbox.

Bud, I'd admit that those GTs and the Roush sound pretty good. But those kids are spoiled brats. None of those kids have had to work for one red cent....sorry I'll get off the soapbox.

I hear that Tom ;) my first car was a 1946 Chev Delux 3 Speed on the Tree.. Me and the car where almost the same age :boogie

Sorry for the misdirection, now back to those dam pesky Mustangs :chuckle

Bud

Adding my 2 cents...

Here-in lies my situation...Son # 1 wishes he had a muscle car, Son # 2 has a C6 ('07 vintage), Son #3 has an '02 Mustang GT. Dad here, has a Y2K C5. Son #1 just dreams, Son #2 brags he can blow me off, Son # 3 (and my youngest, at that), never challenges me (knows better!).

However, Son #3 will soon retire his GT and will be replacing it with a snake known as a Viper. Son# 2 doesn't know it yet...;LOL;LOL;LOL! Dad smiles :D :chuckle :rotfl !!!

Shelby GT-500 KR Super Snake 725 HP

Here's a Mustang that will kick all of our asses.
Remo:cool

Shelby-Super-Snake-TOP.jpg

I'll pass on this one, $72K is a bit too high for me.

I really want to know. Every time I'm out in the 'vette there are at least 1-2 Mustang guys who want to race, It's never other 'vette guys, Firebirds, Camaros or even Chargers or Challengers. Even this morning I was driving my daily driver (Toyota) and I saw a yellow C4 going down the road and sure enough, there was a Mustang trying to challenge him. The only other car that tried to take me on was one Porsche....all the rest were Mustangs. I have a very clean driving record and desire to keep it that way, plus I'm at an age that I'm over all that. I just wave the Mustangs on, but it is annoying! :eyerole Have any of you guys noticed this behavior from Mustang drivers too?

It's the same with the rice burners with the fart cans on the back. I don't even give them the time of day. I had a 240sx with a can right on my butt in 3 lane congestion. I was waiting for him to be a passenger. Boy that really :mad me off. If you ignore them they will go away.

Here's a Mustang that will kick all of our asses.
Remo:cool

Shelby-Super-Snake-TOP.jpg

That is one sick ride. I don't thing anyone driving a car like that would act stupid on the road.
Having said that I think most people that are driving serious performance cars don't act irresponsible when sharing a road with others. It's mostly, but not exclusively, young drivers who are attempting to earn their place or bragging wright. Truthfully we all have been there. I also think lots of the older Vette drivers tend to over react when they see a sporty car drive along and feel as they are challenged, it may be that the mustang driver is admiring your car and wont's to take a better look at it. I got many of thumbs up from other drivers after what appeared to be a challenge or so what I thought, they were just looking at the car. I gave many thumbs up to so called ricers and mustangs, to be honest I got more waves from them than I get from Corvette drivers. Patric started a thread while back called "Be Cool: common pitfalls for the C5 owner, and how to avoid them" that thread should be required reading when buying new Corvette.

I have owned 5 corvettes and 2 supercharged mustangs. My mustangs had 400 horse and the other one 1200 horse. When I would go to the corvette shows all over the country, bloomington 3 times, williamsburg ncrs meet and ncrs meets everywhere, the crowds were older and much more established family oriented people. the mustang shows were loaded with young boppers, hip hop jive turkeys just very young inmature crowd. You could not compare the two types of crowds each make of car would attract. with mustang guys it's all about racing,,drag racing and they do and can go very fast but they just have no class. my fox mustang would run high 8's and over 150 mph and it would rip your heart out. after a while, i stopped racing and just wanted a great all a round car and nothing but nothing beats a corvette. I love the people associated with corvettes and the car themselves are far superior to even the most exotic stang. Yeah my stang could rip apart almost any vette around in the quarter but the vette would just have to show up and it won in class and handling hands down.. looks too. edram454

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom