Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What is it ?

anchors

Corvette
'71, coupe
While changing the fuel gauge on my 71 I noticed a device similar to a condenser with a short lead and a flat connecter, it is mounted on the back of the instrument panel just above the radio opening. The lead became disconnected while wrestling with the gauge panel. I have no idea what this part is, what it does or what it connects to. I would be grateful for any info on this. Thanks!

While changing the fuel gauge on my 71 I noticed a device similar to a condenser with a short lead and a flat connecter, it is mounted on the back of the instrument panel just above the radio opening. The lead became disconnected while wrestling with the gauge panel. I have no idea what this part is, what it does or what it connects to. I would be grateful for any info on this. Thanks!

It may be an RF Choke to filter the ignition noise from the radio power supply???

I ran the motor before reinstalling the dash panel and all seemed ok so I put it back together as I needed to drive it. I would rather not take it apart again for a photo but if I have to I will. Thanks for the help.

If it is the rf choke then the noise from the ignition is most noticeable when listening to am from memory. But if you're no longer running the original radio you may not hear it at all

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom