Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What is the BCM

r1_addict

My vette is at the dealer currently to have a battery draw issues resolved. The dealer just called and told me they isolated the drw to the BCM "Body Control Module".

They said if there is an aftermarket item spliced into it my warrentee will not cover it. So the only thing aftermarket in my car other the the stereo is a Lojak system. Could that be tied into the BCM?

r1_addict said:
My vette is at the dealer currently to have a battery draw issues resolved. The dealer just called and told me they isolated the drw to the BCM "Body Control Module".

They said if there is an aftermarket item spliced into it my warrentee will not cover it. So the only thing aftermarket in my car other the the stereo is a Lojak system. Could that be tied into the BCM?
HI there,
The body control module is usually never tied into Lojack.
You see, Lojack works on its own, however, Lojack will produce a 15 milliamp draw on a battery.
This can be a problem although I do NOT think it is yours.
Usually, Lojack is tied into a live wire, with battery voltage at all times.
This is where the draw comes from.
I do NOT think it would drain your battery in 2 days though.
If your Lojack installer was on his game, you should have no problem.
Allthebest, c4c5:hb

I kind of figured that. This phantom of mine is has been quite elusive. I can not wait until I have a resolution to share!

Bill

Halleluiah, the geniuses at McMulken Chevrolet finally figure out the BCM itself is the cause of the problem and they replaced it today. I should have my baby back this afternoon...

NOT! They replace my BCM and still no luck. I have placed A GM service call. They intend to send out a factory rep to fix the problem...

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom