Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What is the name of this part ?

Allthumbs

Corvette
1981 white coupe
Hi guys ! New to the Registry... neat place you have here btw ! I have a totally disentegrated _____________. This is a 5 inch or so plastic sort of a snorkel like piece that runs from the center of the air cleaner housing to the aluminum thing just behind the radiator ( is this the thermostat housing :) ?) and goes between the two air intake hoses. I have looked at Haynes.. and all the (well ok two) parts catalogs that I have and nothing ID's it. All help is appreciated ! Thanks !

Tom

bill81vette

Corvette
1981 dark blue metallic
I agree...sounds like the hose to the air pump Its an emissions thing.....

good luck...

Allthumbs

Corvette
1981 white coupe
Re: unknown part

That is the part ! Thanks guys !..

Tom

xlr8shn

Corvette
his: Blown 99 C5 Z51, hers: 81 Charcoal Metallic
agreed...

Wonder if a piece of rubber hose would make an acceptable replacement being that the orig plastic bendy piece isnt available...

greydbj

Corvette
1981 Charcoal Grey; 2009 Black Coupe
agreed...

Wonder if a piece of rubber hose would make an acceptable replacement being that the orig plastic bendy piece isnt available...

That is wierd.....I check the on-line catalogue the day I posted the url and it still showed up with a price of 19.95 or thereabouts......have to find one in Carlisle....

Allthumbs

Corvette
1981 white coupe
I talked to a mechanic friend .. who has a GM parts friend... who says they have this part available.. but it will take a week or two to send it to me. You would think this would be a common item ? Go figure.

greydbj

Corvette
I talked to a mechanic friend .. who has a GM parts friend... who says they have this part available.. but it will take a week or two to send it to me. You would think this would be a common item ? Go figure.

Let me know the part number when you get yours or the info....I need one too.....thanks....

Allthumbs

Corvette
1981 white coupe
I will do that as soon as it comes in ! We ordered it on the 8th..

Allthumbs

Corvette
1981 white coupe
agreed...

Gee Xlr: I dunno.. I sort of want to try to keep it "stock".. but maybe I could pull a bubba and see how a piece of garden hose or something would work ! LOL !!.. :L

bill81vette

Corvette
1981 dark blue metallic
Gee Xlr: I dunno.. I sort of want to try to keep it "stock".. but maybe I could pull a bubba and see how a piece of garden hose or something would work ! LOL !!.. :L
when I first bought my '81 mine was fitted with a piece of hose,it was kinked at the bend,and it looked like s.....!!!!!:mad
I found one at carlisle when I went later that year!!!now it looks like it should and not a cob job!!!!:upthumbs

Allthumbs

Corvette
1981 white coupe
Bill: How did you like Carlisle ? I have obviously never been there. Sounds like it would be a great event to attend and not too far away from me here in Akron, OH. I bought my car in PA about a month ago and am sort of waiting for this part before I attempt to go through the emissions testing that I have to do here btw :ugh

Tom

xlr8shn

Corvette

Sorry bout that. If the stocker is available, obviously go with that. I was under the impression the snorkel wasnt available. :upthumbs

Allthumbs

Corvette
1981 white coupe
It is ok.. dont be sorry.. I was just trying to add some humor to the group. Hopefully I can find something stock for this part.. It will be interesting to see what comes from my local mech + his GM parts friend.. I assume I would fail my E test without it.. so.. if push comes to shove . well.. ? That air has to go somewhere !!

Tom

xlr8shn

Corvette
It is ok.. dont be sorry.. I was just trying to add some humor to the group. Hopefully I can find something stock for this part.. It will be interesting to see what comes from my local mech + his GM parts friend.. I assume I would fail my E test without it.. so.. if push comes to shove . well.. ? That air has to go somewhere !!

Tom

Hehehe, I am used to being the one razzing others... :w

bill81vette

Corvette
1981 dark blue metallic
Carlisle is great,there is just about any thing for any vette avalible!this will be our third time going,we park with aother CAC'ersand just have a plain old good time as well as wander thru the vendor areas looking for parts and pieces that we might want.I usually put a list of pieces that I would like to find and so far this year is no exception!

Allthumbs

Corvette
1981 white coupe
I will have to go sometime.. not this year ( it is next weekend I guess) but perhaps next year ! Oh.. and hopefully not for this silly part !

Tom

Allthumbs

Corvette
1981 white coupe
Ok.. my mechanic friend has received this part and I am looking forward to picking it up in the next day or so.. will post the part # and source for those that need it.

Tom

Allthumbs

Corvette
1981 white coupe
I finally received the part !!

The part no. for this is 14031168. Gm box (made in Canada) part id says it is a "Hose ASM SECD AIR INJN C". My mechanic friend ordered it from a local chevy dealer.. who located it at a place called Vintage Parts and the cost was a bit over $20.

I hope that helps.

Tom:w

greydbj

Corvette
AIR HOSE

To AllThumbs: Any chance you can send me the name of the dealer (and their co-ordinates) that supplied that hose....I cannot find one of those hoses anywhere, so if he has one in stock, I need to give him a call....thanks....dbj

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom