Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What is the name of this part ?

Allthumbs

Corvette
1981 white coupe
Hi guys ! New to the Registry... neat place you have here btw ! I have a totally disentegrated _____________. This is a 5 inch or so plastic sort of a snorkel like piece that runs from the center of the air cleaner housing to the aluminum thing just behind the radiator ( is this the thermostat housing :) ?) and goes between the two air intake hoses. I have looked at Haynes.. and all the (well ok two) parts catalogs that I have and nothing ID's it. All help is appreciated ! Thanks !

Tom

I agree...sounds like the hose to the air pump Its an emissions thing.....

good luck...

Re: unknown part

That is the part ! Thanks guys !..

Tom

agreed...

Wonder if a piece of rubber hose would make an acceptable replacement being that the orig plastic bendy piece isnt available...

agreed...

Wonder if a piece of rubber hose would make an acceptable replacement being that the orig plastic bendy piece isnt available...

That is wierd.....I check the on-line catalogue the day I posted the url and it still showed up with a price of 19.95 or thereabouts......have to find one in Carlisle....

I talked to a mechanic friend .. who has a GM parts friend... who says they have this part available.. but it will take a week or two to send it to me. You would think this would be a common item ? Go figure.

I talked to a mechanic friend .. who has a GM parts friend... who says they have this part available.. but it will take a week or two to send it to me. You would think this would be a common item ? Go figure.

Let me know the part number when you get yours or the info....I need one too.....thanks....

I will do that as soon as it comes in ! We ordered it on the 8th..

agreed...

Gee Xlr: I dunno.. I sort of want to try to keep it "stock".. but maybe I could pull a bubba and see how a piece of garden hose or something would work ! LOL !!.. :L

Gee Xlr: I dunno.. I sort of want to try to keep it "stock".. but maybe I could pull a bubba and see how a piece of garden hose or something would work ! LOL !!.. :L
when I first bought my '81 mine was fitted with a piece of hose,it was kinked at the bend,and it looked like s.....!!!!!:mad
I found one at carlisle when I went later that year!!!now it looks like it should and not a cob job!!!!:upthumbs

Bill: How did you like Carlisle ? I have obviously never been there. Sounds like it would be a great event to attend and not too far away from me here in Akron, OH. I bought my car in PA about a month ago and am sort of waiting for this part before I attempt to go through the emissions testing that I have to do here btw :ugh

Tom

Sorry bout that. If the stocker is available, obviously go with that. I was under the impression the snorkel wasnt available. :upthumbs

It is ok.. dont be sorry.. I was just trying to add some humor to the group. Hopefully I can find something stock for this part.. It will be interesting to see what comes from my local mech + his GM parts friend.. I assume I would fail my E test without it.. so.. if push comes to shove . well.. ? That air has to go somewhere !!

Tom

It is ok.. dont be sorry.. I was just trying to add some humor to the group. Hopefully I can find something stock for this part.. It will be interesting to see what comes from my local mech + his GM parts friend.. I assume I would fail my E test without it.. so.. if push comes to shove . well.. ? That air has to go somewhere !!

Tom

Hehehe, I am used to being the one razzing others... :w

Carlisle is great,there is just about any thing for any vette avalible!this will be our third time going,we park with aother CAC'ersand just have a plain old good time as well as wander thru the vendor areas looking for parts and pieces that we might want.I usually put a list of pieces that I would like to find and so far this year is no exception!

I will have to go sometime.. not this year ( it is next weekend I guess) but perhaps next year ! Oh.. and hopefully not for this silly part !

Tom

Ok.. my mechanic friend has received this part and I am looking forward to picking it up in the next day or so.. will post the part # and source for those that need it.

Tom

I finally received the part !!

The part no. for this is 14031168. Gm box (made in Canada) part id says it is a "Hose ASM SECD AIR INJN C". My mechanic friend ordered it from a local chevy dealer.. who located it at a place called Vintage Parts and the cost was a bit over $20.

I hope that helps.

Tom:w

AIR HOSE

To AllThumbs: Any chance you can send me the name of the dealer (and their co-ordinates) that supplied that hose....I cannot find one of those hoses anywhere, so if he has one in stock, I need to give him a call....thanks....dbj

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom