Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What kind of car wax do you like/use? a poll

FORMULA 113 THE OTHER DAY...

formula113on10-16-07004.jpg

simoniz

Hi After trying every thing on the market,down under and while living in California
i ended up going back to Simoniz Liquid Diamond, its a polyer Sealant,but i think it is only made in NewZealand, may have been available years ago in US, can be put on in sun or shade,can apply to chrome, stainless, copper ,enamel, planes,boats, and cars.It has very high sun,ozone protection, absolutely incredible,only requires twice ayear. Have not used it on the vette yet,but going to thisweek starting to get hot here now.I painted this 65 riviera10 years ago ,people think its just been painted.regards.

Wet Paint

Have any of you tried Wet Paint? It is the easiest on and easiest off I have ever used, and it looks like Wet Paint when it is finished. It is hard to find the only place I could find it was at a speed shop here in town. Fantastic product. As you can see it attracts some attention!;LOL:boogie:eek:
attachment.php

Wet Paint appears to contain Kerosene: http://www.wetpaintglaze.com/wetpaint_msds.pdf

That will never go on a car that I own.

:wAll I know is I have friends in the Rod & Custom world, and they have been using it for years. You should see the finishes on some of these cars, and it hasn't affected them yet. To each is own like I said it is the easiest to use I have ever put on and take off. I don't care what color you have it looks like a mirror when you are finished.:upthumbs:beer

:wAll I know is I have friends in the Rod & Custom world, and they have been using it for years. You should see the finishes on some of these cars, and it hasn't affected them yet. To each is own like I said it is the easiest to use I have ever put on and take off. I don't care what color you have it looks like a mirror when you are finished.:upthumbs:beer
By all means, if you like it, keep using it.

I'm not criticizing you for your selection. I'm just providing you with my
experiences in (I hope) friendly debate.

I'm big on RESEARCH before trying any product on the market because I've
wasted so much money on cheap ineffective products in the past. I've pretty
much selected a final product for my cars but I am always interested in what
others look at and consider for their choice and their reasoning behind it.

In case anyone who is reading this thread hasn't figured it out yet, any product
on the market will give you an immediate SHINEY & GLOSSY result which is what
their video shows.

I know more than a few painters that perform restoration work and they have
told me specifically that kerosene (a solvent) is NOT GOOD on paint.

I've seen first hand the results of products that don't require you to wash your
car first before application do to a car when applied by an untrained consumer. It
COULD BE a disaster waiting to happen.

I consider durability a lost quality with 90% of manufactures on the market. I'm
not impressed by any vendor's claims on durability unless it can be validated by
another non-biased individual or company. I also look for chemical content,
abrasives, method of application, slickness. I'd be interested in the results on a
car 2 months later with regular washing during the winter months. In the video,
the maker of this product is obviously in a state like Florida or Arizona. A product
has to perform well in all climates and on show cars as well as daily drivers.

I sent my standard list of questions to the manufacturer that was not included on
the Q&A page.

By all means, if you like it, keep using it.

I'm not criticizing you for your selection. I'm just providing you with my
experiences in (I hope) friendly debate.

I'm big on RESEARCH before trying any product on the market because I've
wasted so much money on cheap ineffective products in the past. I've pretty
much selected a final product for my cars but I am always interested in what
others look at and consider for their choice and their reasoning behind it.

In case anyone who is reading this thread hasn't figured it out yet, any product
on the market will give you an immediate SHINEY & GLOSSY result which is what
their video shows.

I know more than a few painters that perform restoration work and they have
told me specifically that kerosene (a solvent) is NOT GOOD on paint.

I've seen first hand the results of products that don't require you to wash your
car first before application do to a car when applied by an untrained consumer. It
COULD BE a disaster waiting to happen.

I consider durability a lost quality with 90% of manufactures on the market. I'm
not impressed by any vendor's claims on durability unless it can be validated by
another non-biased individual or company. I also look for chemical content,
abrasives, method of application, slickness. I'd be interested in the results on a
car 2 months later with regular washing during the winter months. In the video,
the maker of this product is obviously in a state like Florida or Arizona. A product
has to perform well in all climates and on show cars as well as daily drivers.

I sent my standard list of questions to the manufacturer that was not included on
the Q&A page.

:w Howdy JJU, I know where you are coming from, and I really appreciate the information. That is what this forum is all about, like I say you put something out there and you will get replies that make sense, and then some of the jargon I have to admit is very technical, I get lost in translation. Now, getting back to the product I have just used it one time, and I have to admit it really give me a great gloss when I was through. I knew nothing about it containing kerosene until you mention it, and I went to the site you furnished and saw it in black and white. I think I am going to have to make some inquiries about it now. I am going to a local car club meeting tonight, and I am going to put this question out there and see what kind of response I get. Are there any other products (waxes and cleaners) out there that uses kerosene in them. I have to admit using kerosene don't sound like the right thing to use on these beautiful paint jobs. But like I said their cars really look good, especially the black ones. Thanks again, and I would like to continue this with you. It has got my attention for sure.:upthumbs Scott:beer

Scott, most people won't keep an open mind like you. :)

If someone told me that my product of choice had something wrong with it, I'd reconsider too. So far so good. I trust my sources with the life of my 1963 SWC Fuelie. $14,000 paint jobs don't often happen on my budget. :D

If you want, I can find out exactly what my three sources don't like about kerosene. (i.e., dig in deeper).

Scott, most people won't keep an open mind like you. :)

If someone told me that my product of choice had something wrong with it, I'd reconsider too. So far so good. I trust my sources with the life of my 1963 SWC Fuelie. $14,000 paint jobs don't often happen on my budget. :D

If you want, I can find out exactly what my three sources don't like about kerosene. (i.e., dig in deeper).

:wHowdy JJU, I contribute my open mindedness to my late wife, I thought I was right about everything until I was eating crow often:chuckle. It took me a while, but what is the saying, We grow too soon old, and too late schmart. I would really like to see what they say about kerosene, but I can't see what could be good about it. My source of information was out of town over the weekend, but I should see him tomorrow, and maybe I can get some answers myself. Thanks for all your information and comments. Any pixs of the 63 Fuelie? We like pixs.:upthumbsScott:beer

:wWow Jack that is some automobile, I don' t think I have ever seen white look that beautiful. I have always liked that style of Corvette, I can remember when it came out, and it created quite stir in the automotive world. If I remember right the suspension was one of a kind in any automobile. I don't blame you for being choosy on what is applied to the finish I think I would be guarding it 24 hrs a day
Congratulations on one classy Corvette. Are you planning on attending the CAC Cruise Fest in Cleveland. I would hope to meet you there. I hope others in our forum will take a look at your website, it is quite a trip. :upthumbs Scott:beer

I may be weird but I swear by Liquid Diamond clear spray polish (the funky yellow bottle with the motorized sprayer). Ok, you can stop laughing now!

It is quick, streak free, comes in a HUGE bottle for less than $10 and makes the competition yellow finish shine like it is wet, no kidding. I use it on my windows as well. The first time I used it my wife (and detailing critic) asked me what I used on the finish because "it looked wet". Before LD I used Mequire's.

I don't know how long it lasts because my car is in shows about every 2 weeks and thus gets washed and waxed about 3 times per month.

:wWow Jack that is some automobile, I don' t think I have ever seen white look that beautiful. I have always liked that style of Corvette, I can remember when it came out, and it created quite stir in the automotive world. If I remember right the suspension was one of a kind in any automobile. I don't blame you for being choosy on what is applied to the finish I think I would be guarding it 24 hrs a day
Congratulations on one classy Corvette. Are you planning on attending the CAC Cruise Fest in Cleveland. I would hope to meet you there. I hope others in our forum will take a look at your website, it is quite a trip. :upthumbs Scott:beer

Thank you sir.

Here's the scoop on kerosene from my best source. This guy knows paint technology. I'm paraphrasing some of my information to save on space.

Kerosene is 10 year old technology that is probably added to this product as a drying agent. It was used a long time ago in automatic car washes for the same purpose until the EPA stepped in (because of the run-off issue). Maximum allowable amount in any product is 20%. Kerosene may also be used as an emulsifier within the product too (unsure). There are better chemicals to use on the market when developing a paint protection product. It is "probably" safe on lacquer paint. (Lacquer paint isn't used any more or VERY difficult to find.) Consider kerosene use like "steroids". As an anology.... Arnold Schwarzeneggar is still alive but has he done damage to his body as a result of long term steroid use? Who knows. Would I use a product with kerosene, no. Kerosene offers no protection for the paint.

I told him about the product you were using (Wet Paint) and he told me he doesn't like to "slam" a "product of choice" for someone's car because he realizes people may have strong feelings about their choice and may take offense but he would be more concerned about the abrasives and silicone in the product. He has had the product analyzed.

I hope that helps with your research.

ADAMS . PERIOD .

My car is an 02, I bought new, and just took this pic this summer. Not bad for a nearly six year old car.

000_1010.jpg

Have any of you tried Wet Paint? It is the easiest on and easiest off I have ever used, and it looks like Wet Paint when it is finished. It is hard to find the only place I could find it was at a speed shop here in town. Fantastic product. As you can see it attracts some attention!;LOL:boogie:eek:
attachment.php

I am still getting all the information I can about this product.

Zblast - WOW! Nice Z06. :upthumbs

You should post this photo in Remo's Z06 thread if you haven't already.

:wJane Ann

BTW - Zaino for me. :)

127.jpg

Thanks very much. My pic is post number 13 in Remo's thread. BTW, that red is beautiful too. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom