Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What kind of car wax do you like/use? a poll

Ice Lovers - I have tried it on my Jag (black) and my Mustang (dark green). It looked terrible in both instances. It was very streaky and smudgy. It is the only product that I EVER emailed the company about and complained. I have never done that before for any consumer product in my life. That's how dissappointed I was.

What am I doing wrong? Honestly it looked so bad that I rewashed the cars and rewaxed with Meguire's Gold.

Do you let it dry on? Do you take it off right way? What's the secret? I followed the directions when I applied it.

Thanks and please make a believer out of me.

EDIT - I read more of the posts and notice you need to let it sit longer. I saw a commercial for this stuff and they were applying it in full sun. Have you tried that?

I like the shine I get with Ice but I,m still trying to figure out how much to use.
Use too much and you spend the whole afternoon polishing it, letting it dry and posishing again. A good Microfiber towel does help a lot.

What does everyone use to wash with?
I tried an Armor All car wash product and it seemed to dry with a bunch of streaks. But the ICE (Or all the polishing I had to do) removed them.;shrug

I like the shine I get with Ice but I,m still trying to figure out how much to use.
Use too much and you spend the whole afternoon polishing it, letting it dry and posishing again. A good Microfiber towel does help a lot.

What does everyone use to wash with?
I tried an Armor All car wash product and it seemed to dry with a bunch of streaks. But the ICE (Or all the polishing I had to do) removed them.;shrug
I use Duragloss 901 Car Wash Concentrate, about $4.00 a 16 0z bottle!! It's last me about 2 months!! I wash 2-3 cars a week,sometimes more sometimes less!! Haven't had any problems with streaks or spots!!:upthumbs

Like the NCM's Delivery detail staff and like several of the people working on Corvette at GM, I use C-Magic's "World Class Wax". Outstanding shine (especially when you layer it on dark cars) and it's pretty easy to apply by either hand or buffer.

:w:w:w "Yeah", but you were using my super high gloss shampoo for mellinium yellow C-5s!!!:boogie:upthumbs:beer

True, but...........................I have not waxed my Vette since LAST YEAR! I have washed it many times with Adams Car Wash.

SAVE THE :w

Rejex as the final coat - Adams for everything else.

I've become an ICE fan...my honest opinion is that I do think Zaino is just barely better, but the Ice is much quicker and easier an application.

For what I use to wash with, if I think I've picked up a lot of road grime, I just Joy, normally though I use Blue Coral.

ADAM'S ALL THE WAY FOR ON/OFF EASE, FOR GREAT LOOK, AND FOR 110% GUARENTEEEEE!!!! IT JUST WORKS FOR ME!!!

I've become an ICE fan...my honest opinion is that I do think Zaino is just barely better, but the Ice is much quicker and easier an application.

For what I use to wash with, if I think I've picked up a lot of road grime, I just Joy, normally though I use Blue Coral.

:w:w:w Blue Coral always made a good product, I use their Car Wash all the time. Do they make a liquid Ice?;shrug See you guys on D-Day.....:upthumbsScott:beer

attachment.php

I use Turtle wax car wash liquid and Meguiar's. Ez on and off. I hit it with Meguiar's instant spray detailer between waxing.

:w:w:w Blue Coral always made a good product, I use their Car Wash all the time. Do they make a liquid Ice?;shrug See you guys on D-Day.....:upthumbsScott:beer

Ice by Turtle Wax, liquid claybar and polish...I'm still using Zaino finishing spray only because I have some left, when it's gone I'll probably change to McGuire's or something else that I can buy local.

ICE

Today i used Turtle wax ice was great no smears. The other day got consumer reports #1 Black Magic did a small panel all smeared. I am a ice man now

I have been using Turtle wax Ice since its inception and probably will continue as I am limited do to the vinyl stripping on what I can use.

:upthumbs

Photo's taken on October 6, 2007, Jacksonville Corvette club (34 Corvettes) on inside track at Daytona Beach between turns two and three, about midway of 3000 foot straight away. We could not get on the 31 degree track(others say 33 degree portion), but did get on the front 18 degree section

Daytona10_06_07Cropped.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

Isn't every red blooded Corvette owner a Zaino user? :confused

Nothing but Zaino for me. It is a hobby of mine trying different car care products and I have tried just about every one and have to say that Zaino is by far the best in both looks and durability. :upthumbs

05 vette,LMB.

1) ZAINO
2)FORMULA 113
3) NU CAR FINISH
4) MAGUIRES
5) CHEAP STUFF I GET AT WORK
6) STUFF I BOUGHT AT CARLISLE'S 3 YEARS AGO(I FORGET THE NAME) !
7) ZYMOL.
8) MOTHERS
and whatever else strikes my fancy.The car always comes out looking great no matter what I use!
These are not in any particular order,either.

Isn't every red blooded Corvette owner a Zaino user? :confused

Nothing but Zaino for me. It is a hobby of mine trying different car care products and I have tried just about every one and have to say that Zaino is by far the best in both looks and durability. :upthumbs

I used to be! :L

I do think that Zaino is just a slight bit better than Ice, but the amount of difference in the final result to me doesn't seem to be enough to warrant how much longer the Z process takes to do it.

If whatever a person is using results in their car looking the way they want it to, then they must be using the right products for them!:)

If whatever a person is using results in their car looking the way they want it to, then they must be using the right products for them!:)
Pseudomind must be useing the right stuff,You see that Blond in the passenger seat???? :D:D:D

Pseudomind must be useing the right stuff,You see that Blond in the passenger seat???? :D:D:D

Now THERE is logic you can't argue with!!!:beer

Well I hope my car is getting nothin' but the best .50 % is blond owned (she just doesn't know it.):D

Uh...have you picked up your stalking habits again vett boy? :eyerole

UPDATE!!!! -
I tried Ice today on the Jaguar and my Mustang. I worked great. Junk you were right I was applying too much. I just put a few drops on the applicator pad and went to work.

That paint is as slick as hot snot on a glass doorknob.

I'm still gonna use McGuires Gold on my Vette before a cover her up for the winter though.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom