Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What kind of car wax do you like/use? a poll

Zaino (long before I became a distributor):

Reasons:
- durability
- ease of use
- protection with no abrasives
- ability to layer for deeper, wetter shine
- shine that looks clean, not greasy
- no harmful silicone
- complete product line
- "the standard" that many products on the market compares itself to
- return on investment (under $2 per application)

Adams Products, especially the Pepto bismol detail spray - the bees like it too.....

Zaino has my vote, except for the Z-8, I find that application very difficult to work with! :upthumbs

i agree with jethro on the Beverly Hillbillies just use a brick with some 40wt oil,what a shine
jeff

Jeff, you been nibbling on that there block [SIZE=-1]carnauba wax [/SIZE] again? :L :L :L

Adams.

SAVE THE :w

This may have been answered before in another thread, but I was wondering what you folks like to use? I have been using a can of Classic carnuba paste wax, not much residue. I have also used 'Kit' which seems to be OK. Do you like the 3 step jobs?:w

Carnubas melt at 100 deg so, in the southwestern U.S. or elsewhere, where it gets over 100, Carnubas aren't real durable.

I like C-Magic "World Class Wax". It's a polymer-based polish. It's made by a company which is owned by Corvette enthusiasts.

Some people on the Corvette Team at GM swear by it. It's what the NCM uses to detail all museum delivery cars. It's relatively easy to apply.

I use it on not just my Vettes but all my cars. C-Magic is at www.cmagicwax.com

:w:w:w I knew you would be waving Adams bannner!!!:guitar :beer

Good reasons to be using ADAMS, Scott. Remember when I washed my Vette out in the sun and the rinse water just ran off? And the shine that showed up? :upthumbs

Like Mom used to say: The proof is in the pudding! :D

ADAMS has three things I have always been looking for:

1. Easy to use
2. Can be applied in direct sun
3. Inexpensive

The results speak for themselves!

Good reasons to be using ADAMS, Scott. Remember when I washed my Vette out in the sun and the rinse water just ran off? And the shine that showed up? :upthumbs

1. Easy to use
3. Inexpensive

:w:w:w "Yeah", but you were using my super high gloss shampoo for mellinium yellow C-5s!!!:boogie:upthumbs:beer

1. Easy to use
3. Inexpensive

I agree 100% !! I did my 07 Monty Red on the Boardwalk, in direct sunlight in Ocean City NJ with Adams detail spray. Easy on, easy off. In all it took 20 minutes to do the whole car. IMHO, the stuff is great.

Why I Like ICE!!!
Jo and I drove this car to Ashville last night in the rain,and then it set out all night in the rain!!! No Road Grime or Bug Guts on it!!!:upthumbs

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It is a hobby of mine trying different car care products and I have tried just about every one out there and I keep returning to Zaino for both it's looks and durability. :upthumbs

Ice Lovers - I have tried it on my Jag (black) and my Mustang (dark green). It looked terrible in both instances. It was very streaky and smudgy. It is the only product that I EVER emailed the company about and complained. I have never done that before for any consumer product in my life. That's how dissappointed I was.

What am I doing wrong? Honestly it looked so bad that I rewashed the cars and rewaxed with Meguire's Gold.

Do you let it dry on? Do you take it off right way? What's the secret? I followed the directions when I applied it.

Thanks and please make a believer out of me.

EDIT - I read more of the posts and notice you need to let it sit longer. I saw a commercial for this stuff and they were applying it in full sun. Have you tried that?

Ice Lovers - I have tried it on my Jag (black) and my Mustang (dark green). It looked terrible in both instances. It was very streaky and smudgy. It is the only product that I EVER emailed the company about and complained. I have never done that before for any consumer product in my life. That's how dissappointed I was.

What am I doing wrong? Honestly it looked so bad that I rewashed the cars and rewaxed with Meguire's Gold.

Do you let it dry on? Do you take it off right way? What's the secret? I followed the directions when I applied it.

Thanks and please make a believer out of me.
You used too much!!!;shrug I coat everything evenly with a thin coat,if it Looks Slimy,your using too much!!Let it dry 10-45 min depending on the humidity.Buff it to a Deep shine with a micro fiber towel!! I have no problems with Black or Dk Green!!;shrug :upthumbs
Img198.jpg

Img201.jpg

Img11.jpg

Thanks Junk - that black looks schaweet!!!!

I must be adding too much and not letting it dry long enough. Do you do it (wax your car) in the sun or do you prefer the shade?

Thanks Junk - that black looks schaweet!!!!

I must be adding too much and not letting it dry long enough. Do you do it (wax your car) in the sun or do you prefer the shade?
I usually do them in my Shop,But I have done them in the sun!!:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom