Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What kind of MPG are you getting

The '94 stayed just under 25 combined. At 53 in cruise, it would hold 32.9. (2.59:1 rear)

After lots of work on the '87, it also combined 24+, but never would exceed 30 continuous at any speed. (3.54:1 rear)

When I went to headers, no cats, full porting, 3:92 gears and the rest I stopped worrying about gas milage.

When I went to headers, no cats, full porting, 3:92 gears and the rest I stopped worrying about gas milage.
Well, for some of us,our Corvette is our Toyota!~!! :D

Attachments

• IMG_2027 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2027 (Small).JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 55

:confused

You were worrying about gas mileage BEFORE doing mods?

Worrying isn't healthy.

'84 Stocker......

Recent tune-up, with new sensors........didn't change MPG any....always got 24.5 on hiway, still does..Can't tell you city MPG, never used my Vette for town trips, just road trips.:thumb

Well with the high amount of MOD's my 86 has, on average I get 14.5 city/ freeway is 23.5, thats with over 450 RWP. Running 91 premium from Chevron.

Mpg

I have an 89, stock with 3.07 rear and auto trans. My cluster is saying about 24.5 MPG mixed driving. Actual is about 17.5 MPG mixed.

Cheers,
Chris

MY 69, 350 4 speed is getting around 12-14 MPG, aint much, but it sure is fun driving :happyanim:

Not Alone!

My LT4/6 speed averages 23 MPG, mostly on the highway but mixed with some city driving.

Lew

Well, at least I'm not alone. I get a little more sometimes but I notice the readings takes a very short time to drop but quite a while to climb back up.

Cheers,
Clive

JonM:

My bone-stock '89 L98 with an AT is my daily driver, so it takes me to work and back everyday. Round-trip each day of about 54 miles with a mix of surface street and freeway driving, which is sometimes stop-and-go, nets me about 22.4 MPG. However, on a recent trip to Las Vegas, I averaged close to 30MPG. If memory serves me correctly, it was actually 28.2 overall, including the heavy traffic on "The Strip."

When I first fill the tank, the Range to Empty shows 442 miles. I can usually drive for more than a little over a week on a full tank.

Are you having an issue and that's why you asked about MPGs? With your MT, the range you mention does seem low to me, unless you're doing sprint races from light to light when driving in the city.

12-30 mpg. Not too good around town with foot to the floor. Very good on long trips. I got over 30 mpg on a 600 mile trip.

I average 19 MPG accourding to the computer for mixed driving. The computer shows about 30 MPG on the highway.

1986 with 383 700r4 trans 307 rear 435 Hp 500 Tq.

22 Hwy 15 City 17.9 average.

It gets better MPG than my stock SUV sad but true.

I've been adding Marvel Mystery Oil, to the oil, and my '85 went from 22 to 23.5 I've been doing this lately and especially before I change oil. Just passed 60K

For my '93 auto and '96 manual, I get 26-28 mpg. No foolin! I almost can't believe it myself! these cars are very aerodynamic, and that is doing at least 70mph and feelin like you have enough power to do anything!

1966 with dual quad 454, run both carbs - no progressive linkage, tremec 5-spd, 3.55 rear, just did Effingham show in Sept, 400 miles round trip and got 14 mpg, and I was pleased with it.

I went to Carolina to secure the beach house when Irene hit. I had just stopped for a coffee and forgot to get gas. I guess that I had a lot on my mind. Anyway, I had filled it to the brim here in Kentucky and when I ran out of gas beside the Wooly Swamp in North Carolina my odometer said that I had driven 465 miles. My MPG gauge said 23.1 MPG and I had used every ounce of the 20 gallons that I had in the tank. So I got 23 MPG and the MPG gauge was exactly right. That surprised me.

stock 89 with 3.07 rear and AT

I have an 89, stock with 3.07 rear and auto trans. My cluster is saying about 24.5 MPG mixed driving. Actual is about 17.5 MPG mixed.

Cheers,
Chris

I get an average of 16 MPG, cluster shows 18 MPG. I know cluster is incorrect. I use VehiCal app on my iphone to keep track of every single fillup on car since I've bought it:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom