Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What mods to do?

redc4corvette said:
Or you can do what I did on my L98,100 shot of juice and 12.70 fuel presure regulator set at 45 psi and no other mods.

I have thought about doing this. What kind of system do you have to regulate the nitrous and how did you install yours?

redc4corvette said:
The next thing should be valve springs and 1.6 rr.

What kind of valve springs and Roller Rockers would you buy?

Comp or Crane is pretty good stuff. I hear that the Summit Brand is made by one of those companies, they're just repackaged and sold for less money.:D

I use the barry grant on my 94 and the 86 has the NX system I shoot the 86 with 100 shot the 94 125 shot.
86 runs 12.70's 94 runs 11.21.
My 86 has the cast iron heads not the alu like yours.
The 94 has alum heads.
I run the comp cams bee hive springs or the LS1 which is what they fit but they go right on the 94 heads 1.6 rr.
You can run the 75 or 100 shot on your car all day long and never have problems .
When you go above 100 shot most people aren't careful with what. They forget to check lines and fuel presure and then bang.
Some guy's run 150 shot but you need a 6al ign a retard of 4 deg or more and a good fuel pump and spark plugs that are at least 2 steps colder then stock.
You need to remove the revlimiter from the factory engine also.
The most gains on an L98 are springs rr and yes I do run the air foil in the throttle body of both my cars .

performance improvement on an '87

I'd vote for headers, cats removal, roller rockers and if you can afford it,
changing the rear to a 3:73 or somewhat lower.
Made a great improvement on mine............

What size diameter valve springs should I purchase? The car has no engine mods other then what I will do which is valve springs and the Roller Rockers.

springs and rockers

Get the springs and rockers from the same company, first of all.
I went with the Crane Roller Rockers (1.6).
Crane will match up the rockers with your springs.
Of course Comp Cams would do the same, but I really do think that while Cranes are a bit more expensive, you'll get much more wear out of them.
Good luck!

Skip the air foil! It will add about 6-8 hp at wide open throttle & high RPM. How much time do you spend with your foot to the floor?

Spend the same amount of money on a GOOD set of plug wires and a good tuneup. It will make you more hp and give you better gas mileage.

ask the tech........

Ask the question to the technical people at Summit or Crane and they'll
give you the info.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom