Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Opens this Air Flap??? 1982

KikiPhillips

Corvette
Thanks in advance for the interest...
100_4251.jpg

I printed this diagram a while back and I still don't know which one it is? The one flap that opens and closes at the bottom of the picture is for the Defrost flap, it has a blue hose connected to it.

Does anyone know if it is controlled by a vacuum or by a cable? If vacuum, then where is the cannister? under the hood?

Thanks for the help!
Kiki

OK Kiki, you got me. I went to my assembly manual (better known as AIM) and did not see what you are talking about. It has been 2 years since I have had mine apart and I just do not recall.

I would go to another forum like the Corvette forum and ask the same question. They have more activity on that site and it is very possible that someone has done what you doing very recently. Sorry I was not more helpful and good luck.

What year is this out of????
My 81 is a vacuum operated system... I think most of the generation are.mine has a selonoid on the rt side of the engine, but the engine needs to be running to create the vacuum.

Should have a vacuum diaphragm. It looks like it should be mounted behind to the left (if that makes sense to you)
i believe that vacuum line with the orange stripe should probably be connected to it.

It's a 1982....I discovered that my vacuum is not pulling hard enough from the Cannister. I'm going to start a new thread on it....Thanks for responding!

Also it should only be open when ac is set to normal max or vent.
may be a tan vac line not orange

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom