Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: What sbc heads fit a 81

Tim81

Corvette
81 Black on Black Corvette
Hi Everyone,

I plan on freshing up my engine as my winter project so I'm putting my parts list together. I plan on replacing the heads because I've heard the stock 81 heads are not worth rebuilding. Can anyone recommend what type heads would bolt on with little or no changes. Not really interested in making the car a Hot Rod, I just want it to run well. I will be keeping the stock carb and CCC system if that makes a difference.

Thanks Tim

A set of Vortecs would be the best for your application but that requires an intake change and might be a hood clearance problem with the CCC. A set of Edelbrock Performers would bolt right on and would be my second choice.

If you're not into HP upgrades then your best options are the Dart Iron Eagles Standard replacement and the World products SR heads. No need to change anything.

Greetings Peter

Chevy 882 heads are a nice way to go as well half the price of aftermaket heads. You can easily find them. Get rid of those light weight stock heads...that crack.

You guys are giving me some good ideas.....Thanks Tim

Can I use the stock intake with cast iron heads?

The Dart S/Rs are good stock replacements that require no mods, but for just a bit more, I got a set of Dart Iron Eagles, a cast Iron performance head and I highly recommend them. They are also direct bolt on replacements.

God bless, Sensei

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom