Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Shark do you prefer?

What Shark grouping do you perfer?

• 68-69

Votes: 96 23.4%
  • 70-72

Votes: 111 27.0%
  • 73-74

Votes: 39 9.5%
  • 75-77

Votes: 45 10.9%
  • 78-79

Votes: 26 6.3%
  • 80-82

Votes: 94 22.9%

• Total voters

Tom73

Corvette
73 LS4 Coupe - 04 CE Conv
It has been asked what year or color or generation do people perfer. Would like to know how you view the sharks based on the following break down.

tom...

Tom,
I voted for the 80~82. The first new Corvette I owned was a 1980 L48 4-speed. I really like those body lines. But, I also like the '71 & '72, esp for performance.

BudD
:w

I voted for the 78-79, Tom. My 1979 Silver Coupe, was my first new car and I drove it for 21 years and wish I would have kept
it. Real sportscar styling.

:w
Patti

Patti said:
My 1979 Silver Coupe, was my first new car and I drove it for 21 years

On no :cry you kept it untill 2000 and then got rid of it :cry :cry

That should have been a lifetime keeper.

tom...

I don't know how to vote!

I love my Silver Anniversary, but I REALLY love the chrome bumper big blocks! If I could get one of those with the 78's curved rear glass....I'd be in heaven! The best of both worlds, the classic looks of the chrome bumpers and practical space behind the seats.
Silver

I like em all, but...

Well, what can I say? I voted for 80-82 because my first Vette, the one I currently, have is an 81, and at this point, I plan on keepin her forever :D. I love all of the Sharks, from the Raw Horsepower Steel Bumpers, to the Sun Lovin Cruisers of the late 70s early 80s. I wish I could vote for em all. :J :D

T Jay

I own a very nice '75 coupe. However, I voted for a 68-69. I would love to find a decent '69 convertable!!

I also voted 75-77, being an owner of a '77 isn't the only reason. I'm partial to the sport mirrors rather then the chrome ones. The windshield pillar posts are black verses chrome on earlier models, which in my opinion gives a cleaner look with the windows tinted. Last year for orange paint and the 160 speedo is a nice touch. But, being that the '77 was the first shark with cruise control and t top to luggage rack option, I think that it makes for more convenient road touring. With that said, let me state for the record "I never met a Vette I didn't like". :)

Rick

Tom, I would have thought that you would have stacked the voting for those 73's. Rod

Racer78, Fairport is just east of Rochester. Xracer is in Hilton which is just west of Rochester. Rod

Rod,

If only they could see your car, then they would vote correctly.

Joe

I love the chrome, sidepipes, and 427s of the 68-69s, so I voted for them.

I know, Tom...I still miss it. :cry :cry :cry :cry

Patti

Tom73 said:

On no :cry you kept it untill 2000 and then got rid of it :cry :cry

That should have been a lifetime keeper.

tom...

Hi
I voted for 68-69, but 70-72 is fine as well. I just love the chrome bumper C3 generation.
I was dreaming for over 10 years about getting a chrome bumper C3 convertible manual with side exhaust and wire spoke knock off wheels.
My first Vette was a 68 and exactly that except for the spoke wire wheels.:mad
But as a goody, I got a nice big block instead.
Not sure if I still want to convert to spoke wire whells .
Will go for 17 or 18 inch ones to get good tires on.
Nevertheless, every Vette is nice, just don't have the money, nor the space to get them all.
Having fun, Gunther

If you want to know how I voted, just look at my handle:).

- Eric

I abstain

They are all cool. I love the chrome bumpers of the earlier models and the squared off exhaust tips. Other styling cues..
L88 hood
sidepipes
flat rear window
Front bumper of '80s

shark preference

I believe that in coming years history will prove that the '73 alone is the most desireable C3 bodystyle.

Most people's taste and decisions are influenced by nostalgia and the masses. Perfect artwork is immutable.

lone73

Re: shark preference

lone73 said:
I believe that in coming years history will prove that the '73 alone is the most desireable C3 bodystyle.

Most people's taste and decisions are influenced by nostalgia and the masses. Perfect artwork is immutable.

lone73

Hey Lone73, you aren't biased are you ;)?

- Eric

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom