Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Shark do you prefer?

What Shark grouping do you perfer?

• 68-69

Votes: 96 23.4%
  • 70-72

Votes: 111 27.0%
  • 73-74

Votes: 39 9.5%
  • 75-77

Votes: 45 10.9%
  • 78-79

Votes: 26 6.3%
  • 80-82

Votes: 94 22.9%

• Total voters
Hi Ione 73
I'm not with you,
I think that the first and last built cars will be desirable, in the case of C3, of course the first C3, the 68.
It has so many 68 only features, that will make it very special.
Yes, I'm biased :D
I own a 68 big block convertible and keep on finding out about all this difficult to find 1 year only parts.:r
Actually, I like all C1, C2 and C3's, but do have my privilages.
Have fun.
Gunther

Racer I agree with your dreams and am trying to make them a reality. I put the 80 front in fiberglass on my 78 along with a custom fiberglass rear.
I just came in from the garage trying to figure out how to get the whole front end, like a Triumph GT6, to pivot forward. I would also imaginge this would save weight as well.

An orange with black interior 69 L88 Roadster with sidepipes is pure beauty in terms of the C3 Corvette...

Actually the last class should have gone through to 82 instead of stopping at 81.;) The body style didn't change until 84.:D It's really hard to vote when you have 2 sharks. I :love them both for very different reasons. The 82 was my first Vette and I've owned her for 11 years, I never plan on selling her. But I voted for the 70-72 body style.:cool I :love the chrome bumpers and the LT-1 power, plus the sound of the exhaust system on the LT-1 sounds more like a Vette should sound.:s :w

Re: shark preference

lone73 said:
I believe that in coming years history will prove that the '73 alone is the most desireable C3 bodystyle.

Most people's taste and decisions are influenced by nostalgia and the masses. Perfect artwork is immutable.

lone73

I like your thinking. The '73 is a unique one year only body style with the rubber front and chrome rear. In fact, Larry Shinoda, the famous Corvette designer, once commented that the 1973 was his favorite of the post-1967 era because the front and rear styling were closest to what was originally intended by the stylists.

I kind of like comparing it to the 63 Split Window coupe. One year only style.

But...the truth be known, the Vettes that will be collectible is the ones with the optional engines...not any specific year. Base engine cars of any year, forget it. The big blocks have an image that the small block cannot match. So any big block car is collectable. Also the optional small block, but not quite so much after the advent of cat converters. So the optional small blocks up to '74 will be collectable. Could be some in the 75-80 era but they will not reach the level of the earlier cars. 81 and 82 did not have any optional engines. Same for the C4 except for the 90-95 ZR1 and the 96 LT4. And the same goes for the C5, no optional engines except for the Z06.

Once you get past 74 there are only a hand full of Vettes that I would consider collectable.

tom...

vote

I'm new at this forum and new at computers, but I just love my 72 convert dark blue metallic dark blue interior and after market 25 year old thruster chrome side pipes. Can't wait to learn how to attach a photo.:w :w

BGCYCLE,

Welcome to CAC, be sure and check out all the features of the forum. There are a lot of friendly people here! I'm sure someone will help you post a picture.:) :w

I voted for the 78 79 corvette especially the 25th anniversary corvette is a big hit .it will always remain a strong point in the corvette history.

Jason

Uh..69, kinda like that one sitting down in my garage;)
TomC

Voted for '75, still cheap enough, no computer, easy to get rid of "smog" stuff, can be modified as little or as lot as you need. And, don't flame me for this, but I like the soft bumper look over the chrome, to my eye the lines just flow smoother.

I own an 81, but I voted for the 70-72.

My favorite is the 71, It is the last year before the government screwed it up, plus it has the fiberoptics. It also has head rests.

I think the government screwed up the later corvettes by making them have bumpers that actually work, and catalytic converters. That really messed up the design I think.

I liked the 80-82. When I wanted to get back into a corvette after and absence of about 25 years I opted for the 80-82 look.

So I went to a large dealer in the area to try one on for size and to my surprise I didn't fit....too tall, my head hit the roof. It was a coupe with the regular hard top.

Boy I was dejected...a couple weeks later my neighbor told me about a vet she saw for sale so I took a ride to look at it. When I saw it, it was an 81, so I said to myself I wouldn't fit...and kept on driving. But I said what the heck I drove this far my might as well take a look (it fun looking anyway) to my surpise when I got in it, I fit fine, it had glass tops which gave me a couple of more inches of head room. So I bought it....

Charlie:SANTA

Hey Charlie :cool or is that :cool Charlie ;)

After taking a good look at all the C3's I think the 79's are the best.
I like the hatchback version. Way more interior room.
But I dont like the computer controlled or cross fire systems.

Has to be a 79... but with sidepipes and a better engine

:D :D :D

JASON *** BRAND NEW MAGNECOR WIRES FOR SALE!!! *** 1979 L-82

After searching a LONG time for the right '72, I'd have to say '72. The 70-71's are up there too, just wanted a 72 'cus thats the year I was born...and it had to be RED!
The chrome, raw power, sexy curves & that sweet sweet music that flows from the exhaust make it most appealing cars EVER built.

-voted for the '77 C3 iteration...

-in EPA strident Calif. one is a bit stupid to own a '74 or newer iteration, but my C3 is registered as an '80-Corvette (wish I could replacard it into a '73, --but is actually the modified Berlina-coupe neo-classic configuration), --of the stock-bodied C3's, I personally most admire the '77 embodiment owing its having the aesthetically tapered rear-facia in combination with my "Flying-butress roof-design"; --having actually of record originated that roof-style with GMC back around 1956 as a then very-young Indus.Design-Consultant (am now age-67)! However, after HarleyEarl retired, suceeding GM/vp-BillMitchell- et'al naturally took the laurels for its origin, --even though I still have in my possession the actual professionally executed model of the submitted design. Although the lower-body was entirely different, my proposed concept included the exact Flying-butress design whereby the rear-deck flows into the cockpit and even sported a T-roof, but the glass-panel portion was one-piece fixed (not removable), and included a retractable rear-window enabling free flow-through of air; --thus having created the inspirational prototype for the '68/C3's then innovative racy-roof design... ~Bob vH
:v

We like our '81 and as far as performance - we put in a 330 hp crate engine & it's not a worry now ....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom