Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Shark do you prefer?

What Shark grouping do you perfer?

• 68-69

Votes: 96 23.4%
  • 70-72

Votes: 111 27.0%
  • 73-74

Votes: 39 9.5%
  • 75-77

Votes: 45 10.9%
  • 78-79

Votes: 26 6.3%
  • 80-82

Votes: 94 22.9%

• Total voters
I have a dark blue 73, with the LS4, chambered exhaust and 4 spd, it's a blast to drive!!! However, my 80 has certain good qualities as well...

Since I have only own one since 1980 it being a 1973 350 4 spd. It has been in the grage since the mid 1980's though but starting to work on it again it is Classic White w/ Black Interior. So I voted for 1973 being that I own one...

:cool :cool :cool

had to go with the 1970, I bought her about a year ago, she takes all my money, but she is a blast to drive!!

My first vette was an 80 model and I really liked that car, so that is the way I voted. Wish I had kept it.

The 1968. Because of it`s raw horsepower {L88} and the fact that it`s the only C3 without a STINGRAY emblem:bar :m

Favourite Shark

My favourite shark is the 81, but this is a bias decision.
I can't keep from wandering out to the garage everyday to have a look at my beauty.

Truth is I love them all, but are like many of you and only have a budget for one at the moment.

Cheers guys

Tony:_rock

I'd have to say the 70-72 era is most appealing to me,.the flared fenders, eggcrate fender well grille as well as a new interior with better seats etc. gave the most finished fit and look to the end of the chrome bumper era and before the horsepower dip of the mid and later 70's. My wife would strongly disagree and say that the 80-82 era vettes were soo much better cars because of the ride, ammenties and fuel economy but a LT-1 with only P/S as an option is a whole different monster than than a loaded out '82 CE.
Tom Save The Wave!!! :beer

Iron Cross
The 77 thru 82 does not have "STINGRAY" emblems on them either

I drive my brother's 68 427 quite a bit and voted for it. Gotta love that power, that corvette bronze and those funky fibre-optic signal indicators. It still gets most looks at meets...

own 80 but voted for 68-69 love those converts and big blocks:confused

What can I say? I gotta vote for mine, simply the baddest vette I've ever owned. :cool

Sly

Sly,
I bet your Vette is a sweet ride :cool :cool :cool Do you get to take it out often living in Canada?

Save the Wave :w

Every chance I get! :D

Even though we only have approx. 7 months where we can drive these beasts, the summer especially is great top down weather. Past couple weeks have been perfect, mid 80's to low 90's, only rained twice in a week and a half.

Just got to put her away early November. :cry

Sly

i have a 74 with the rear from an 82 seats from 79 rear window from 72? (removeable). its a hodgepodge of parts....but its mine

robin

I said before the 80-82, but now im going to have to change that...

ive fallen in love with the chrome. 68-72/73 is my preference nowadays. Reason being that

1. i can import it cheaper back to australia without having to worry about compliancing so much.
2. hmmmm chrome. I saw 69MyWay's killer photos, and decided: my god. And proceeded to pee my pants with envy. Thats what im going to have one day... one day.

What Shark do I prefer?

I like styling elements from all the years! I like the tunnel back rear glass, the 80 front end, the LT-1 hood, the egg crate side gills, and the crome rear bumpers. I like the seats of the 80-82, the dash of the 68-77s, and the console of the 80-82s. I really like the ralleyes- but in the 16-18in diameters.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom