Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What to do with bbc tall deck 366

EYESOFTEX

Corvette
1972 Corvette (C3) LT1

:mad Well crap ! went out and got a bbc out of a schooll bus that ran on natural gas super clean motor inside an out. was told it was a bb 454, ran the numbers and it is a 1988 bb tall deck 366:ugh , if it was a 454 tall deck I could live with it and jam it in my 72with a good cam & Intake. but what the h3ll can I do to beef up the Hp with out costing me an arm an a leg with this thing? anyone know:confused

Looks like you got a great boat anchor. Even if it was a bigger engine, a tall deck big block won't fit under the hood of a C3 unless you use an aftermarket hood.

Also, other than maybe the crankshaft, there's not a lot inside an HD truck engine that's useful in a performance application. The pistons are really heavy, four-ring units. The cylinder heads are not a good performance choice.

I'd take it back and tell the guy who sold it what happens to folks who misrepresent 366es and 454s.

OK, after further deliberation, you could always give yourself a new
project, and reinstall the motor into the school bus and restore it to
"numbers matching" condition. :L:L:L
Andy :w

Mad @ me

What makes me mad the most is I knew Better than to buy a motor with out running the numbers,it was from a friend of a friend...................oh well........anyone need a very clean $300.00 motor (boat anchor), LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom