Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What were your "pre-Callaway" turbo experiences?

rkreigh said:
my turbo fix

2 turbo buick Regal T (1 near stock, 12.9 et, 1 modified 11.24,, should tip 10s now)

turbo voyager mini van, male appendage reduction utility, but it did do a good job of hauling parts

turbo volvo wagon (for the Ms. to replace the aging plym minivan)

now,

1 turbo buick (more of a monster, can't part with the ol buford, it's the only car I ever bought NEW!!

Ron, You are a huffer madman :beer

I tried CONvincing my wife that a V70r would be neat, she said NO!!!

I still need to see 'ol Buford in action :upthumbs

I can do better than that, come drive it.

with the cold air the thing just cooks and would give the 95 LSV a very good run up to 120.

past that, it's all zr1 as the powerband on the LT5 is quite a bit wider.

buford is all done around 5500 but man does this thing spank out the torq.

I really need to get some good gas in the tank and crank up the boost on this thing. on pump gas I can run around 17 psi with a bit of detonation so I generally run around 15-16 to be safe.

with 116, 26 psi and LOOK OUT!!!

tell you what, how about a ride in that B2K my man!!!

after riding in surfs car, I need a TT Callaway fix.

guess I am a boost junkie. BOOSTAMUV!!!

rkreigh,

I haven't been able to part with my last black shoe box either no matter how much grief I get from my loved ones about its square looks. Nowdays, I tell them that the look is coming back and point at Cadillac :D

My buford!

-Luigi
:cool

My first Turbo Experience was a 1991 Nisan 300ZX Twin Turbo, Black Diamond paint and polished aluminum wheels. It was a nice car and a lot of fun, but it can't compare to my Callaway!

1988 Maserati Bi-Turbo ......on the Italian Autostrata.....Ah the good ole days

1993 GMC Typhoon, 1996 911 Turbo. Actually, the 911 was my wife's car, but she did let me drive it once in a while. The Typhoon was a great little truck. One of the few cars I wish I hadn't sold...

I had always lusted for a Typhoon - In red, no roof rack, w/ a cd player (I think those were the only two major options).

The two door impracticality, kept me from buying one - Last one I looked at was $9,995 and had about 80k mi on it.

Kruzmisl, I think every time I run into you, you have a different suv - :W

Here is my other baby... Look in the garage you can see the NACA duct on the Callaway (hood is up) right behind the motorcycle...

Thats awesome man. What mods does it have an what kind of power is she putting out?

Ive always wanted to drive a newer 911TT

I have never had it dyno'd but I have a chip, exhaust, and cold air intake on it.... I am guessing about 500 ish.... she was 415 hp stock and about the same on torque... All i know is that it is so fast it compresses your chest when you really get in the boost!:cool Its a 2001 BTW..... If u are ever in Indy...let me know.....

Thats awesome man. What mods does it have an what kind of power is she putting out?

Ive always wanted to drive a newer 911TT

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom