Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What is your strangest piece of Callaway Trivia that you know??

*89x2*

I was curious if you have any interesting Callaway trivia bits to share...

here is mine:

In 1987, production was listed at 184 however, production continued with 4 more cars and they are all rather unique :cool

Two cars were automatics including car # 188 which also has a "flat hood". I know another of the "final four" had blisters like a 91 would and was also fitted w/ the unique Callaway Ducktail spoiler (rare) :eek

What Callaway trivia do you have :confused :m

Does anybody know if any Twin Turbos recieved the full treatment Brembos ,Coilovers, Speedster interior ,Single Mass Clutch setup ,Wonderbar ,Rollbar,and 100+ kit.I am half way there and am looking to go all the way.

callaway4fun said:
Does anybody know if any Twin Turbos recieved the full treatment Brembos ,Coilovers, Speedster interior ,Single Mass Clutch setup ,Wonderbar ,Rollbar,and 100+ kit.I am half way there and am looking to go all the way.
Peter, I think your car would be one of a kind in doing those enhancements :m

Sounds like your car will be one heck of a ride esp. if the full leather interior works out :eek I have yet to see one car w/ that - as it was offered in 88 (leather interior)

:w

I know from my extensive research that there are only 18 C8's and 36 camaros have only the SuperNatural engine package. I'm not to keen with SNAT numbers on Trans Am/Firebirds. I wonder why Callaway elected to produce a kit for that body.

HuggerC8 said:
I know from my extensive research that there are only 18 C8's and 36 camaros have only the SuperNatural engine package. I'm not to keen with SNAT numbers on Trans Am/Firebirds. I wonder why Callaway elected to produce a kit for that body.
That is indeed interesting stuff - I have only seen one Callaway Supernatural Firebird although, I presume more than that were done :confused

I had considered a SNAT C8 however, another F Body is not exactly what I need right now... But maybe if I sell the one I have ;)

Who has other trivia?????????

Trivia...

I know of a C12 that was wrecked by an executive from Cadillac. He thought he was a good driver and wrecked at about 100mph on one of GM's test tracks. The car was not totalled... it's blue with an orange interior...

*89x2* said:
OUCH!!! :eek Are there any pic's of that?? How did you hear about it, or is it better left unsaid ;)
The pics are on my PC... It was visiting a certain body shop at the same time as mine.

Trivia

I heard that Callaway produced Madonna's "SEX" book cover. It was stamped, or machined aluminum. The cover is a little foggy to me, considering what was inside the book....

Anthony

There is a red Camaro with ONLY the Callaway C8 front bumper on it. For some reason they didn't install the rest of the kit, which is pretty interesting to me. Perhaps they got the front end from someone who just wanted the other pieces of the kit. They also had RS ground effects on the side so it wouldn't look so out of place.
RedCallaway.jpg

That's pretty interesting to me I suppose. Why hasn't anyone told the story regarding the C12 with the wheels that didn't fit properly? I don't remember the details, but I'm pretty sure it involved these wheels:
C12e.GIF

So Pete .... do you have the inside track on the 100+ kit?? I'm still holding my breath for one

Peter, I think your car would be one of a kind in doing those enhancements :m

Sounds like your car will be one heck of a ride esp. if the full leather interior works out :eek I have yet to see one car w/ that - as it was offered in 88 (leather interior)

:w

I recently disassembled my top end and found this under the air cleaner box.
Either someone from Chevy or Callaway put it there. Any body else find anything unusual?

I think I have a pic of the wrecked c12 sitting in the shop in Germany on the frame rack...I will post asap..mike

I was curious if you have any interesting Callaway trivia bits to share...

here is mine:

In 1987, production was listed at 184 however, production continued with 4 more cars and they are all rather unique :cool

Two cars were automatics including car # 188 which also has a "flat hood". I know another of the "final four" had blisters like a 91 would and was also fitted w/ the unique Callaway Ducktail spoiler (rare) :eek

What Callaway trivia do you have :confused :m

FWIW, car # 188 was at Carlisle this past weekend and indeed had a flat hood, BIG Dymags (17") and a uniquely cut open Callaway airbox in the 88-90 location :cool

Not really trivia, but cool

I had the pleasure of meeting Sue Callaway this weekend at the Crystal Cove car show in Orange County. I think it was the light green Callaway Speedster that first caught my attention. This was the car that had the article written about its recent completion (even though it was the 2nd or 3rd one started) The car looks fantastic, and I will upload pics soon.

From what I hear, they have taken over the recently vacated Nissan building in CA, but that may be common knowledge already.

Anthony

I know that there were only 4 yellow convertible TTs made in '87.

I know that 1989 Callaway production had no 6-speed white convertibles! The fact that there were no whites ones blew me away with how popular white Vette convertibles were at time! :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom