Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What would you have named it?

I like ZR1. Aesthetically, it rolls off the tongue nicely, and the letters Z, R, and then number "1" are just all cool.

It has great heritage, especially after the C4 ZR-1's, which raised the bar like no other, being twice as expensive as a regular Corvette.

SS is a name for lowly muscle cars. Stingray was a model design. Blue Devil is too specific. Z07 is too derivative (where does it end--"doood, its the Z9743!!11!")

ZR1 was definitely the right choice.

Well, since you mentioned it, Rob, it brings me to a pet peeve I've carried for a long time about these naming schemes.

To an old-timer like me, the LS-7 is forever a 454 BBC. Just like the L-88 will always be a 427 BBC.

With all the letters in the alphabet to choose from (not to mention all the numbers to infinity) ;) I don't see why they couldn't find a new one for this latest super car.

Reserve ZR-1 for the original C4; skip ZR-2 since that was used for the S10 pickup truck ;LOL and go with ZR-3.

6p8osa9.jpg

But seriously, when establishing a milestone car like the ZR-1 (C4) they should have reserved the ZR prefix for future iterations of extreme Corvettes and just upped the number......... ZR-1, ZR-2, ZR-3, etc.

I TOTALLY agree...to me once such a distinctive RPO has been used, it should not be used again. Sort of takes away from the "uniqueness" (is that a word?) of the RPO...such as ZR1 or LS6 or Z06 or.....

I always thought ZR2 would've been cool. "ZR" immediately says "uh oh this thing is gonna be kick butt"...and the "2" immediately says that this is something new and cutting edge (WITHOUT a tailgate :L).

But that's just me, who will very likely never afford one.

Bill

Zora seems fitting, but I think it was also the name of a contestant in that Joe Millionaire show from fox a few years ago.

40.jpg

I'd just expand on the name and go for ZR-1R

Well it is nice that there is no hyphen in the new ZR1 so as to be different than the KOTH ZR-1.

Since it will be another KING it is fine to have the ZR1 model name though it is very much different than a 32V DHOC with 16 FI.

The pushrod SC engine is the other way to make HP so it is fitting still.

If it had been up to me it would be ZR1SC since that would say it all in the model name.

ZR1SC has a nice balance and makes the no hyphen work as well!

Over on the ZR-1 Net/Registry we are all calling it the "NO HYPHEN" now!!!

Ans we all look forward to it kicking the arse of the SNAKE as well as a good number of the other European supercars that is for sure.:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom