Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What's everyone's Winter Projects

I have a list on a post in the basement near my car that has several different things I want to do to my car. It has been a while since I have looked at the list but there are about 11 things on it. I have had a set of Smart Struts for several years now and they are brand new. That is one thing on my list of things to do. I am gathering parts to put electric headlights in. I would also like to add hydroboost brakes. I need to add another O2 bung so I can do a little tuning in the spring.

Very short list this year....
1) replace lower air dam
2) maybe the front bushings
3) shocks if time and $$ permit!!!!!

• Headlights
  • -- Replace vacuum lines
  • -- Check all the moving parts, actuators, etc

• Ram Air Induction (maybe...)
  • -- Design & fab a custom RAI for the car.

• Clean the interior
  • -- Clean the leather seats
  • -- Possibly replace header trim pieces

art-jett-albums-my-pictures-picture1670-intake-system-009.jpg
  • Ram Air Induction (maybe...)
  • Design & fab a custom RAI for the car.

Do you run electric fans? If so, maybe you could utilize something like I did. I used an air cleaner assy from an 85 turned upside down under the rad. I cut out the top and fabbed a scoop that comes out through the center of the little air dam under the front. I then used a 4" flex hose up to my throttle body. I think you run a carb, but you could make an adaptor for that too. Art Please excuse the dirt, I have a 1/4 mile gravel drive.

Do you run electric fans? If so, maybe you could utilize something like I did. I used an air cleaner assy from an 85 turned upside down under the rad. I cut out the top and fabbed a scoop that comes out through the center of the little air dam under the front. I then used a 4" flex hose up to my throttle body. I think you run a carb, but you could make an adaptor for that too.
Art, I am running a flex fan off the water pump. No electrics here. Could you PM me or email me more complete pics of your setup?
Spectre and ATI both make some nice bonnets that fit over the carb. And my hood can clear 'em.

I don't know how to attach pics to an E-mail on the forum. If you E-mail me @ work, I can send some right away.

1. Rebuild my trailing arms
2. Replace my pinion seal
3. Replace U-Joints on my driveshaft and half shafts.
4.Replace my detent cable on my transmission.

Winter, What Winter?

I will, at long last, drive the 68 with the T tops off. Gotta love Florida in the winter. Jerry

I don't know how to attach pics to an E-mail on the forum. If you E-mail me @ work, I can send some right away.

I like this idea Art. I would like to see your pics also. Did you make a thread showing the pics when you made your setup? That is something I have been wanting to do since I put the LS motor in mine. Right now I am okay with what I have but it can always be better.

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread.

Winter has started here in Chicago.....
"Smoke" is on the jack stands and wheels are off.
1). I will be supervising my 9 year old and his buddy clean 27 years of dirt and grim off with toothbrushes. :boogie
2). Wet sand and polish rims. 2 complete
3). Replace front air dam
4). Install new center gauge cluster w/ CD player and White Face gauges
5). Fix temp sending unit
6). Remove some stupid aftermarket cruise control STUFF
Depending on $$$$$$
7). Replace exhaust
8). Replace shocks
9). Think about what to do next winter......:beer

Finally, enjoy a winter with my son working on his Christmas Present in 2016.

complete tune up
wipers (don't work sometimes)
service auto trans
service engine
complete soft top seals if I have the $$$
clean up and get ready for spring/summer

The '81 is finally in for paint so over the winter the final assembly !!!! Unless MURPHY'S LAW kicks in.

Id like to get my trans out and replace the sometimes noisey throw out bearing.And also swap in my hurst super comp shifter.Anyone here ever install one of these shifters on a vette?

I need to replace a few weather strips on the '81 starting with the right door. That's the one that is leaking.

Tom

I have an 84 with the bolt hole stripped on the targa top. the bolt is not stripped its where the bolt screws into. Im not sure the best way to fix it or if there is a piece I can purchase for this. It is the passenger side rear that I'm having trouble with. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I also have a few other. New front spoiler,new radio and a few others.

Thanks Chass10
Northeast OHIO
Cold and snowy:eek:hnoes

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom