Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What's wrong with my 1994 corvette: redux.

H.H. McCool

Corvette
1994 polo green, LT1 coupe, 6-speed trans
hey guys, I am having a similar problems with my '94 LT1. I recently had the wires and plugs replaced at my local Chevy dealer. Within a few days, I began having problems similar to those decribed by Girvin. If i am toodling along at, say, 30mph in 4th gear and step on the gas, the engine stutters and the engine makes a weird noise. I'm pretty sure it's not backfiring. It sounds more metalic (perhaps valve noise of some kind?). there seems to be a general loss of power, as well. It just ain't runnin' right. I would appreciate any ideas or knowledge that might shed light on the problem. thanks.

Start with the basics.
Fuel presure.
Compression.
Gas tank full.
Oil in the engine.
Coolent level.
Is it overheating?

H.H. McCool said:
hey guys, I am having a similar problems with my '94 LT1. I recently had the wires and plugs replaced at my local Chevy dealer. Within a few days, I began having problems similar to those decribed by Girvin. If i am toodling along at, say, 30mph in 4th gear and step on the gas, the engine stutters and the engine makes a weird noise. I'm pretty sure it's not backfiring. It sounds more metalic (perhaps valve noise of some kind?). there seems to be a general loss of power, as well. It just ain't runnin' right. I would appreciate any ideas or knowledge that might shed light on the problem. thanks.
The mechanic may have changed the timing when he worked on it and you are getting detonation. Knock sensor will retard the timing under those conditions and you will loose power.Take it back and have it checked.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom