Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Wheel Center Cap Replacement

XLR8

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2003 AE Convertible, 1998 LCRM Convertible
I'm replacing missing and broken pieces of my center cap sets on my '98 chrome rims and I've run into a snag.

This photo shows the rims and center caps as they should be:

HPIM1368_3.JPG

Unfortunately, that's the only rim left that looks right. :eyerole

I found the parts at Eckler's and Corvette Central but neither offers the small center cap alone. It is only included as part of a set. And I can't splurge $99 bucks per rim.

I've ordered individual chrome caps (A.) and carbon fiber rings (B.) and with S&H I'm still paying less than $100.

Anyone know where I might find the center caps (C. and D.) at a price that won't break my bank account? I prefer the colored emblem but beggars can't be choosey.

attachment.php

TIA.
:wJane Ann

I got the same crome caps with the carbon fiber rings. Then I used the old center caps with them. Its hard to tell the difference with the carbon ring between them.

I have the polished chrome rims and "star" caps but I've not seen the very center cap themselves in the polished chrome. And the originals on my '98 were definitely not the polished as indicated by the one I have still remaining. It doesn't matter - still looks good.

Update: my buddy Mike (mrm1149) came through for me with 4 center caps and attached carbon fiber rings - very reasonable! I'll hold on to the ones I have coming from Corvette Central for backups.

Thanks Mike!
And thanks Mike!

DSCN6866.jpg

That looks good, Mike! :upthumbs

My driver's side front is the only one that still looks that way and the carbon fiber ring on that one is faded.

I'll be glad when everything arrives so I can get them looking good again.

Thanks for the photo!

You can find them on E-Bay from time to time.

I found a set on Ebay and purchased them so now I've got a backup set on the way too. :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom