Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Wheel interchangeability

W

weabosky

Can the base C6 use the same wheels as the C6 grand sport and C6 Z06? If so with what modifications if any?:thanks:

First off, I see this is your first post, so Welcome to CAC! :w You'll find that CAC is a wealth of knowledge and people who aren't shy about sharing it. Now, my understanding is the Z-cars/GS wheels will physically fit, but because the backspacing is different, and the wheels wider, they will stick out beyond the fenders. If you want to use true Z/GS wheels the widebody parts need to be fitted, or custom flares for the wheelwells need to be made...or I guess you could just let them stick out (not sure what that would look like, or if in your jurisdiction that is legal/allowed).

They do make repop wheels that look like the Z/GS that actually fit the narrowbody cars, but they are typically the same size as stock. If you are wanting wider wheels/tires that won't work for you. The other possibility is custom wheels, but I can't say, for sure, how much wheel width you can gain.

Somebody else might pop in here and have another suggestion for you too.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom