Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wheel Size difference

L

lynxshooter

I just ordered some Cray wheels from East Coast Vettes. I noticed the categories for ordering these rims after completing my order ( of course). Is there a difference in the lugs between 00' and 01'?
Thanks.

There is no difference between 2000 and 2001 wheel lug pattern or size.

Welcome to the CAC!

so??? can you put 18"'s on the front of a C5 without any problems or mods?

I am running 18" fronts and 19" rears on my C5 with no problems, and it's lowered too. 275/35's front and 295/35's rear.

newvette.jpg

Sparky53

Can I run 18" wheels front and back or do they have to be 17" front 18"back?

so??? can you put 18"'s on the front of a C5 without any problems or mods?

I'm running C6 rims/tires on my C5 (18 front 19 rear) with no issues on the front. (I have to use small spacers on the rear)

It is the final diameter of the outside of the tire that matters, not the diameter of the rim alone. The parts of the rim that matter is the offset (for clearance between the tire and body) , the design of the mounting surface, for clearance between the caliper and the rim, (some aftermarket's won't clear... you have to check them individually) and the MINIMUM diameter for clearance of the rotors (so you can't use LESS than 17 inch rims)

+

Thanks for the info It will help in making my new rim selection.

No Problem,

And Welcome to CAC!

I'm running C6 rims/tires on my C5 (18 front 19 rear) with no issues on the front. (I have to use small spacers on the rear)

Sorry, I know it's an old thread, but I just ran into a good deal on a set of C6 rims myself, and was wondering how large of a spacer you are having to use on the rear and where did you get them? Did you stick with the original C6 tire combo or find something else?

Thanks,

Sorry, I know it's an old thread, but I just ran into a good deal on a set of C6 rims myself, and was wondering how large of a spacer you are having to use on the rear and where did you get them? Did you stick with the original C6 tire combo or find something else?

Thanks,

Sorry again! did not mean to do the "plagiarize" thing, we've heard enough about that in the news already so don't show it to MSNBC!! I just messed up the "quote" set up.

Sparky,

I've got 18x10 up front and 19x11.5 out back. Tire sizes are: 275/35x18 and 305/30x19. Hope this helps you.

Sparky,

I've got 18x10 up front and 19x11.5 out back. Tire sizes are: 275/35x18 and 305/30x19. Hope this helps you.
:w I've got 19 on the front, and 20 on the back, it came with the Imola wheels on it when I bought, and I don't know of any modifications they had to do. I just installed new Michelin Sport on all fours, and they are great, No problems with the install. Scott

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom