Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Wheel size fitment

BoDuke

Corvette
'04, Triple black Vert, '13 Grand Sport 3LT Coupe
Hey all, not sure if this is the correct forum, but I need some guidance on wheel size and fitment.

On my 13 Grand Sport, I'd like to swap out the chrome GS wheels with the black (18x9.5 and 19x12's), but thought I'd go with the 19x10's and 20x12's on it with the Varro VD01 wheels.

Tires would be the Pilot Sport 285/30zr-19 and 335/25zr-20.

Corvette Mods says they'll fit, but a couple other vendors say they won't. Can anyone point me in a direction to find a correct answer?

Thanks in advance!!

275/30 x 19 would be an exact replacement size both your original tires and this size have the same diameter. 285/30 x 19 would be about 3/8" wider and almost a 1/4" taller.

for the backs, 335/25 x 20 are very close to size the original 325/30 x 19 are 26.7" diameter the 335/25 x 20s are 26.6" tall so a slight reduction in diameter, but 3/8" wider.

It's pretty important that the size ratio be maintained.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking about changing size if I was going to be changing wheels anyway. maybe changing size isn't a great idea.

I just picked up a 2013 GS the other day and it has the factory Goodyear F1 EMT Supercars on it. They are absolutely worthless for being the factory supplied tire.

Compared to my C5 with the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS's and our 14 Stingray with the Pilot Super Sport's (which I'm still a bit leery of), the Supercars are pretty bad.

The front end pushes out and squeals taking the same turns at 30mph that I easily take at 40-43 with the C5 and Stingray. There's absolutely no way I'll trust these Supercars up in Wi this fall or the Black Hills next May and July, they definitely have to come off. They can't handle the performance of the car let alone moderate aggressive driving.

The F1 GS isn't made in the size for the Grand Sport, and regarding 19's and 20's, the Pilot Sports only come in the size for the front but not the back, and the 4S's are vise versa.

I'm open to ideas or suggestions for options if anyone wants to share.

I've had the GS a week and pretty frustrated with it already. Glad I kept the C5 for standby, its looking like its gonna be the main ride yet.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
If it were me, before I'd spend a s**tload of money on different wheels, I'd put a set of Pilot Super Sports on your existing wheels and then, I'd have the front and rear suspensions aligned. Finally, I'd road test the car to assess it's handling with better tires and alignment.

I found a set of factory size Pilot Super Sports, which means I'd get the factory black GS wheels for them.

If I do the 19/20's, 275/30ZR19 and 325/25ZR-20, I'd have to get the Pilot 4S (which is replacing the PSS).

Any recommendations between the PSS and the 4S? Our Stingray has the PSS, but I'm not familiar with the 4S. I've heard pros and cons. Some say they handle better than the PSS, some say they stretch in corners, one guy said they are like water balloons at 130mph. ;shrug

Tell us what you are looking for in the tires you put on that GS.

Tell us what you are looking for in the tires you put on that GS.

Bottom line, I want and expect my GS to handle like my C5 and the Stingray. Ride and noise isn't that important, I expect handling. If I'm caught in the rain or wet roads, I want a tire that will remain responsive under normal driving. I do trust my F1 GS EMT's on wet roads/rain more than the PSS's. I don't track them, just plain highway, city, and canyon/curvey road driving.

I'm gonna take both cars out today/tomorrow and run them on the same route and same speeds for a back to back comparison. Maybe I'm pushing the Grand Sport more than I realize.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom