Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

When have you checked your spare tire last...???

B

Black Ice

Just checked mine and it had only 12psi!!! So ya better look or ya might be sorry one day. Also check and make sure you have your lug nut adaprer and wheel lock! :SLAP

Never really thought of it.:duh Thanks for the heads up!!!!

3weeks ago

When I put a new tire on the spare...for just such a party! ( Fixed the light back there too!)

Vig!

Checked my last week. Had a booming 20 l
bs........................:eek :eek

Thanks for the reminder.

just before my road trip 2 wks ago, also put a 4 way lug wrench there too.

Yea I put a 4 way in mine also. My lug adapter is Awol.

Yup its that round dirty thing between the tailpipes, You know that rubber thing thats most likely FLAT!! :eek

Hey, just put a run-flat under there and you're good to go!

C V Man

My spare was low but apparently never used. The jack was rusted but servicable. Cleaned everything up, sprayed the jack with WD-40, greased the screw & re-stowed everything.

spare

My spare had 20 psi. It was like a jig-saw puzzle to get the spare back into the underneath compartment.

Spare tire?

When I bought my '85 one year ago with 37K on the clock I assumed it came with a spare tire. I know my '86 has one because I looked at it one time. I guess I better look down "between the tail pipes" for the dirty thing and be sure it is really there! :(

Thanks for the tip!

Flat and cracked. Getting a new tire tomorrow. Good thing to check before heading to PA in September.

Just checked mine today. 5lbs. A tad low. Filled it up. Also found a ton of dirt stored in there and what looked like a retired birds nest! Well after cleaning the whole thing up I now have a working spare and shaved a few pounds off the car...
Graham

Gee whiz guys!!

:L By now I would have thought that someone would have thought that by utilizing an extension (like those used for duallies) from the air valve on the tire, then running that out through the rear of the carrier and tied-off with a plastic tie. It will then be in a position where it can be accessed much easier, and therefore the spare tire air pressure can be checked more often. That's what I did. :D

I got mine through Griot's Garage but you can probably find it cheaper somewhere else. ;)

_ken :w

Yea someone else in here said they used that extension as well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom