Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

where do these go?

ok, dont guess I'll use the tan for my choke..its on the radio fuse??? Think I'll just fold it out of the way for now. And now I cant get the black(orange) "hot" at all.:confused

Did you ever resolve this wire issue? Do you have a reliable electrical diagram? Mine shows the wire color and size but not the connector.

If you haven't found this out in a day or so, I will be able to look at my car. I have a couple of ideas but need to see my car first.

Gary

Didn't see anything in my corvette service manual or my haynes manual, BUT in my chassis service manual I see a single black wire going to a TCS switch. Dont see a switch on the car so that could explain the black wire. There is also a black and dark blue going into a TCS solenoid, which I don't have either (that I can tell), so maybe the two wire plug is that (although mines beige and dark blue)..but for the life of me, why do I loose power on the beige when I pull the radio fuse? (and believe me that wasn't the first fuse I pulled trying to find it) Also while cleaning up my wiring, I have discovered a dark green single plug with a male end down by my blower motor that is not being used. Wondering if this could be the wire going to the TCS relay on my drawing, except it shows this wire going to the temp gauge which I already have a dark green wire going to from my temp. switch on the drivers side of my block.;shrug Starting 12 hour days tomorrow, so wont be working on car much, but will be checking in to hear any suggestions. Thanks guys.

Was there at one time an alarm on the car???

Yes, and still is. The horn is on the driver side behind rear wheel near antennae, and the key switch is on rear at center and there is a hood switch under the hood mounted on passenger side firewall that has two wires going to it. They run across to driver side and in through firewall. But I have no wiring diagrams for the alarm system that I know, so who knows. I'll check the passenger door switch, maybe tomorrow after work. Good catch. Thanks

It was pretty clean and it looks tan. If your thinking maybe the windshield washer motor, it already has a dark blue and yellow going to it and it works. The black(orange) in pic is real brittle near the end(about last 8-10 inches) like its been near heat source. The plug looks kinda like the one on your brakes.

I think this is the same one I looked up awhile back.
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91396

... "The connector with the blue and grey (tan on mine) wires, one tan wire should keep going to the carb solenoid (the one that prevents the throttle from going to idle too quickly) in front of the throttle linkage on the front drivers side of the carb."...

... "If that is true, then the plug your talking about is connected to the "solenoid assembly" (thanks GM) which according to the AIM (M374)"...

... "it's part of the horsepower reduction system, I mean emmision control system" ...

You might be right. I plan on using the tan wire (12 volt when ignition is on) and tape up the blue and put in plastic wireway. The black wire one day appeared to be 12volt, the next day couldn't get nothing on it, and today got 6.9 volts??;shrug Guess I'll tape it and lay in wireway too. I cut all the tape off the wires and ran a 5/8" plastic wireway across the firewall, kinda like you find on newer vehicles. Makes it easy to put wires in that you don't need. The tan looks to be on radio fuse, but if it will make choke work without blowing fuse, then I guess it will be o.k. Thanks for taking the time to look.:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom