Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where to buy EGR Valve

C

chuckndonna67

Now that you all have provided me good info on removal of the EGR Valve the question is where does one buy a new one with the certainty its the correct one? I have checked Ecklers, ZIP, Corvette America, and NAPA. They all have a version....none of them could tell me if it is a Negative Backpressure valve which is the one used on a 84-96 5.7L (VIN 8, P and 5) engines. They all appear to be in the $60-$77 range. Finding either the EGR Solenoid or EGR Temp Sensor so far only NAPA has a version for this engine. Any input on purchase preference?

N I have checked Ecklers, ZIP, Corvette America, .
Last places to go shopping unless you like wasting $$.
EGR is normal service part; not a "special " Corvette only.

Check out Rockauto
RockAuto Auto Parts
Airtex $46
Genuine AC Delco $62
ACDELCO Part # 2145535 {replaces 17113456 #17113456, 19210674}
VALVE,EGR

I would pay the diff and get the AC. Rock Auto has good service. You don't want to pull the plenum twice.

Do yourself a favor and get the right Delco for the car. I tried a "will fit" on another Chevy 350, it came with a bunch of little washers to set the orifice. After a week of fooling around with it I bought the correct Delco and all the problems went away.

I would pay the diff and get the AC. Rock Auto has good service. You don't want to pull the plenum twice.
I cannot imagine why you would remove the plenum. I replaced mine without having to. It took about an hour total. Now maybe the year model makes the difference. Mines a 1993 Coupe LTI.

I cannot imagine why you would remove the plenum.
You don't have a plenum on a LT1,only a 1 piece intake with easy to access EGR at rear.

TPI has completely different intake with EGR valve under plenum which has to come off to access

dec581.jpg

EGR.jpg

LT1-1.jpg

You don't have a plenum on a LT1,only a 1 piece intake with easy to access EGR at rear.

TPI has completely different intake with EGR valve under plenum which has to come off to access

dec581.jpg

EGR.jpg

LT1-1.jpg

yup thats what it looks like for the tpi. I can just barely fit two fingers in the plenum area to pull off/put on the egr vacuum line when I ran my tests. I am not looking forward to removing the plenum but with all the good info I've got on this site for the R & R and where to buy it makes the job soooo much easier. Thanks everyone!

Good advice already provided. Stick with an AC Delco EGR. The job is not as bad as it looks, but take your time, and make sure you track where every bolt goes due to different lengths. I had fun removing the brake booster connection and the two EGR bolts because they were on so tight.

I cannot imagine why you would remove the plenum. I replaced mine without having to. It took about an hour total. Now maybe the year model makes the difference. Mines a 1993 Coupe LTI.

You might want to check the OP's car type before making blanket statements.

I'd get the AC Delco. There are alot of EGR's out there that are positive.

Does anyone know if the Airtex EGR is the same thing as the AC Delco EGR? I know Airtex makes some parts for AC Delco.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom