Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Where to order parts...

James Guard

Looking for advice on where to order parts for my 85 restoration project. For example, I need a fuel pump and sending unit, corvettemods.com has the sending unit with the pump for 199? Everywhere else it's 350. I am on a specific budget and I don't need to buy things twice. Who has the best parts? Thanks in advance.

Looking for advice on where to order parts for my 85 restoration project. For example, I need a fuel pump and sending unit, corvettemods.com has the sending unit with the pump for 199? Everywhere else it's 350. I am on a specific budget and I don't need to buy things twice. Who has the best parts? Thanks in advance.

Based on all the quotes on social media, I would definitely stay away from Corvette Mods. There has been nothing good to say about them. Mid-America, Paragon, Zip, and Corvette America are all very reputable companies. The cheapest prices from shoddy suppliers can end up being the most expensive of all.

Thanks for the responses. I hope I didn't screw the pooch. I ordered the fuel sending unit and fuel pump combo from corvettemods. Too good a price to pass up. Need recommendations for new fuel injectors. How much am I looking at for a complete set? Thanks again folks.

Also check out Corvette Central and Ecklers.

I recently looked at Ecklers for a tune up kit for my `88 and what I didn't like was that the kit did not mention the brands of the parts listed e.g. what make spark plugs ... so I ended up trying out Advanced Auto's on line order/store pick-up service because they gave me a 25% off web coupon - that turned into them providing the wrong spark plugs (they sent the cast iron head Delcos) and the cap they gave me was missing the rubber washer/contact piece = me needing to return all for a refund and heading over to my tried and trusted mom and pop auto parts store which had everything (correct fitments!!) I needed = don't trust Advanced on line/store pick up. Corvette Mods looks like a good site but they have the exact same tune up kit listed as Ecklers again with no specifics as to the brand of parts in the kits. So to me, the unknown is not so good compared to the name brands you can buy over the counter or on line if they are listed as such. Just my very recent .02 cents of DIY experience

Last edited:
FWIW, I've only ordered two minor things from them, both fairly recently (touch up paint and a radio/phone plug-in), but both arrived promptly, with good email updates on the order status.

I R&R'd all the hoses on my 93 last summer & ordered the correct 14 lb cap & stat from Davies. Everything comes in a box to your door. I did order the set for a 95 LT1 so I could by pass the TB. That eliminated 2 T's from the system. Its easier than ordering every hose by part #.
Used Prestone extended life Anti from Walmart & used the worm type hose clamps.
1993 - 1994 Corvette Engine Cooling System Rubber Hose Set [LT1]: CorvetteParts.com
This Opti gets good reviews on another forum
LT1 OptiSparks
&
after doing some comparison" Rock Auto" has good prices On water pumps & wire sets compared to "Parts Geek" etc.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom