Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Which Cam?

Dirtfarmer

Corvette
2008 roadster
My 2008 roadster should get an extra helping of cam timing. Already installed are stainless long tube headers, high flow stainless cats, high flow Callaway intake, and a dyno tune. The car runs very strong. I want to maintain her street manners, and the great fuel economy, but would a 40 hp bump be achievable while maintaining tractability? I could also see one of those fancy dual throttle body Ferrari-like intake manifolds sitting on top, or something like an 8 stack of some description because it looks so cool and would sound pretty cool. I don't think I would go the huffer route. What have been your experiences?

Your prediction of the name of the next thread was accurate. Well done!! :chuckle

I'm thinking your heads might restrict how much cam you can throw in but I don't speak C6 so I'm just guessing.

Mac

The real world answer is that you are not going to be able to increase your LS3's performance by 40-hp along with maintaining a production level of drivability and fuel economy.

In fact, if your car as truly been "dyno-tuned", given what most aftermarket tuners do, it's unlikely the car is getting the fuel economy it was when it was stock.

That said, if you are willing to give up some fuel economy, the only way you're going to get a true 40-hp "bump" and preserve stock or very-near-stock drivability is with an Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger.

Lastly a "dual-throttle-body" intake or an "8-stack" on a near-stock LS3 would, indeed, add some underhood eye candy, but might actually decrease performance, degrade drivability and reduce fuel economy.

I want to maintain her street manners, and the great fuel economy, but would a 40 hp bump be achievable while maintaining tractability?

Forced induction or nitrous would be the only way to meet your requirements.. Being the best of both worlds, power and MPG, is why we are seeing more turbos in production daily driver vehicles.

Although, I have used it, I'm not a proponent of nitrous.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom