Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Which Shock

Buttercup

Corvette
91 vette convertible
What is the best shock to put on my 91 vert? It has the bilstiens on now and the ride is a little rough, what can I do to make it a little smoother?

I'll relate my experience with my 91,FX-3,now with 140,000 mi.(new shocks at 128,000) My problem was replace/rebuild the Bilstien's,and actuators,etc. for $$$ or go with a regular shock. Well I went with KYB's from Summit $21.00 and shipping. Anyway, do you mainly just street drive? Auto-cross alot?. Your style of driving,and your wallet, can narrow down the shock you'll be happy with. For cheap go with KYB's,very good shock with a comfortable ride. For bigger $$ try some Koni's or QA1. I've got no experience with the latter, but here their well worth the cost. hopefully others will share..... Doug:)

I just put KYB monotubes on my 88 convertible.

So far, so good!

Shocks

Well the ride is what i am after not really concerned on saving a few bucks just want a smooth ride. I drive the car only on the weekends and never autocross it.

I went with the KYB's and am very happy with them. A good shock at alot better price than most.

BTW, I wasn't real thrilled with the white color of the KYB's, so I painted mine to match the body color.

I just installed some KYB's last weekend and the ride is great for street purposes. I encounter alot of potholes driving in the city and now I dont crinch everytime I see a bump or crack on the road. If you want a smooth ride go with the KYB's and save some cash.

KYB

Thanks looks like they are the best for a smooth ride and that is what I want and am not ready yet to move up to a c-5 or 6.

I went to my local GM parts guy picked up the cheap standard Delco replacements for the front. I was after a little softer ride and I think they provide that for me. Price was right too. I do find them just a little mushy but no worse than any other car. I did this for road trips. I am planning on getting another set for handling this spring. It only takes about 15 min to switch them. Anytime I plan on an extended road trip I can put the cheapys on for the ride.

Glenn
:w

Im putting a set of new bilsteins on. They should be here this week. Money is always an issue when it comes to choosing parts, but I also believe in quality. Not to say KYB's arent good, I have no experience using them.

Im putting a set of new bilsteins on. They should be here this week. Money is always an issue when it comes to choosing parts, but I also believe in quality. Not to say KYB's arent good, I have no experience using them.

Did you get your shocks and have you installed them? How do you like the ride and handeling? What shocks were on your vette?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom