Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Which Wheels: Alloy or Ralley

V

Vmo

I'm thinking putting a set of alloy wheels on my 74. It presently has the rallyes, but I'm changing the 69 style sidepipes to Hooker side mounts, so the stock look is going away anyways. Opinions needed as to whether to go with the Hookers and the alloys, or to stay with the ralleys. I like the looks of both, but need some other opinions/reactions. Thanks all. Here are some pics of the way it looks now:

Dusty

Sorry for the crappy pictures!

IMHO, Stay with the ralley's, I'm thinking that it may look "funky" without them. I have seen many Vettes' around town of your vintage, and the ones w/o the ralleys just look like something is "missing". But, after all it is your call.

What alloys are you talking about? The ralleys are always a safe bet. But aftermarket rims can look nice. (I like to think mine is an example of such :D)
I normally do a photoshop job on my car to see what the rims look like first.

If you're truly interested in the alloys, I've got a real nice set with steel center caps and chrome lugnuts with a set of Firestone Indy Firehawk 500s 255/60-15" that 3 have about 4000 miles and one is new. I had a pin hole in the sidewall and they replaced it. I switched to 18" rims. I'd take $1000.00 for the set.
picture.php

Thanks for the offer, but I've already got the alloys. It's just a matter of polishing them up and putting them on. I figure that I'll take the car out of service for the Hookers, and that would be a good time to change the wheels if thats the decision. Absolutely gorgeous paint on your coupe by the way.

Dusty

Dusty, if the choice is between the ralleys and the later C3 alloys, definitely the ralleys. I think they just look better on the sharks.

I put the alloys on my car just to see what they looked like as opposed to my current rims. :puke
I sold mine shortly after that. :)

attachment.php

I'm thinking that the alloy wheels present less of a problem with warping and leaking. Is that a valid concern? I know that I had to go thru a bunch of wheels before I found 4 that either were straight enough to use, or didn't leak for the rallys that I put on my car.
Dusty

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom