Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

whistling throttle body

regalniz

Corvette
94 Polo Green Convertible w/auto
now that i installed my 52mm tb i hear whistling coming from it upon startup and gets louder when i step on the gas. it sounds like i have a turbocharger! anyway it sounded pretty cool at first but i just wanna make sure im not missing something or hurting something. by the way, big sotp gains from this mod.

Sounds like you have an air leak around your TB. If it will hurt anything only time will tell. I would redo it and ensure a good seal. This has to be raising hell with your IAC. :hb

The whistling could also be fromt he IAC passage..

What brand it the 52mm tb you have? I have heard that some BBK TBs made this noise due to the smaller IAC passage

regalniz.....what brand is your throttlebody?I would like to know more about it (cost/performance) because I am thinking of changing mine.I have a forced-air induction system on mine and I think it would make a big difference in power.............I once had a problem of ..LOSS OF VACUM.....with an intake on a Trans-Am GTA.The problem was detected with a soldering cannister.You know the ones used by plumbers for light soldering jobs.The mecanic lit it and passed it along all the joints till he found where the leak was......hope that helps.

I have to agree with Polish41, sounds like an airleak to me.

Try try again.

Mart

it has to be an air leak. i can live with it but only if its not doing any big time damage. when i get motivated i'll jump back under the hood and do it again.

invincablevett, the power gain was the biggest yet. its a bbk/edlebrock 52mm. i found it used on ebay. i put on slp shortys, borla mufflers, hypertech power programmer, "open" air filter housing with stock filter. the oil in the k n n dirtied my maf sensor. after i put in the tb the whole system felt like it came together like one big happy family. i bought it for $225. not bad considering they go for $329 in ecklers. its just a hunk of metal. what could be worn? i ran into a problem with the install. i have a post somewhere on that. let me know if you cant find the post.

hey polish, please explain "raising hell". is something i need to take care of like yesterday? or can it wait?

I have a BBK 52mm and it whistles also. I have tried to eliminate it, but it still whistles. Everyone ask if I have a supercharger.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom