Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

who owned my 2000 torch red frc?

jaap

Corvette
2000 torch red frc
Hi,

My name is Jaap from the Netherlands, a week ago i bought a 2000torch red c5 frc. It`s a great car, ik love it. I put about 500 miles on it this week.
The car was exported to the netherland in 2009
I`m trying to find the previous owners. Can you help me?
i found a vehicle registration under the passenger seat. It has the following numbres:

950BXJ
12 08
Williamson Y5105617.
VIN # 1g1yy12g1y5105617

i do hope you can give me good advise finding the previous owners.

http://photobucket.com/corvettec5frc

Thanks
Jaap

Welcome to the :CAC and congrats on your new purchase of the C5. The Torch Red FRC is a nice looking Vette! :thumb

As for your inquiry, I'd suggest a multi pronged approach:

• you can post a request for info in the Owner's Research Center in the CAC Tech Center. Follow this link Corvette Action Center | Tech Center | Owner Information Center | Build Sheets | Documentation and pay particular attention to the links in the far left column on that page.
  • you can check the National Corvette Museum section on Buildsheet and Window Sticker reproductions. https://store.corvettemuseum.com/services/buildsheet.asp I ordered both when I purchased my 98 and, although it didn't list the original buyers name, it did list the dealer to which my Corvette was first shipped.
  • you may be able to find a dealer that will order a CarFax report for you. I don't recall if it lists past owners by name, but it will give you some info regarding your Vette's history.

Good luck with your search!
:wJane Ann

First of all, welcome! :w Good lookin' Vette!

I can't give you all the answers, but I can narrow it down some for you...

At least one previous owner (can't say with certainty that it was the owner immediately prior to the vehicle being exported) lived in Williamson County, Texas, USA. I base that on the photo of the expired Texas vehicle registration sticker (photo #119 in your list) that you say you found underneath the passenger seat. When properly installed, the sticker is positioned in the lower part of the windshield on the driver's side; it probably wound up on the floor when it was removed to install a newer sticker (or the vehicle was sold out-of-state and/or exported). The information that you described from that sticker in your first post decodes as follows:
  • 950BJX = the license plate number assigned to the vehicle when it was registered in Texas
  • 96289489 = not entirely certain, but I suspect this is simply a reference number for the registration
  • 12 08 = the month and year in which the registration expired (December 2008)
  • Williamson Y5105617 = Williamson [County], where the owner probably resided; and the last eight digits of the VIN
As most Texas DMV information is not public record, it may be difficult to track down to whom the license plate was assigned; plus it's likely (given the model year of your vehicle) that the plate has been retired (Texas issues new plates every 7 years; and the new ones are 7, rather than 6, digits).

The thing marked TxTag is an automated toll paying transponder card, allowing a vehicle so equipped to avoid the delays involved in stopping at toll booths to pay toll; the vehicle simply passes through a designated lane and the card is scanned so the drivers' account can be charged for the toll. Again, it's not likely TxTag will provide you with information on the person to whom the card was issued, although I'm a bit surprised the owner didn't remove it before transferring the vehicle.

First of all, welcome! :w Good lookin' Vette!

I can't give you all the answers, but I can narrow it down some for you...

At least one previous owner (can't say with certainty that it was the owner immediately prior to the vehicle being exported) lived in Williamson County, Texas, USA. I base that on the photo of the expired Texas vehicle registration sticker (photo #119 in your list) that you say you found underneath the passenger seat. When properly installed, the sticker is positioned in the lower part of the windshield on the driver's side; it probably wound up on the floor when it was removed to install a newer sticker (or the vehicle was sold out-of-state and/or exported). The information that you described from that sticker in your first post decodes as follows:
  • 950BJX = the license plate number assigned to the vehicle when it was registered in Texas
  • 96289489 = not entirely certain, but I suspect this is simply a reference number for the registration
  • 12 08 = the month and year in which the registration expired (December 2008)
  • Williamson Y5105617 = Williamson [County], where the owner probably resided; and the last eight digits of the VIN
As most Texas DMV information is not public record, it may be difficult to track down to whom the license plate was assigned; plus it's likely (given the model year of your vehicle) that the plate has been retired (Texas issues new plates every 7 years; and the new ones are 7, rather than 6, digits).

The thing marked TxTag is an automated toll paying transponder card, allowing a vehicle so equipped to avoid the delays involved in stopping at toll booths to pay toll; the vehicle simply passes through a designated lane and the card is scanned so the drivers' account can be charged for the toll. Again, it's not likely TxTag will provide you with information on the person to whom the card was issued, although I'm a bit surprised the owner didn't remove it before transferring the vehicle.

Thanks, that really narrows it down. I`m told that people who do not live in the US can not be helped. This means that i have to get myself a carfax report or NCM buildsheet.

I also put a search on "owner information center"

Thanks for helping me:cool!:

Jaap

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom