Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Who's from S.E. Louisiana ?

C

CAJUN C4

How many LT4's in the Southeast Louisiana area.
I'm in Mandeville, La. just North of New Orleans

Hi neighbors!

I don't have an LT4 but I just thought I'd say howdy. :D

:wJane Ann

I'm north of Gulfport just off highway 49.
:w

I know exactly where you are.I had an Air Force buddy of mine who had a Pantera years ago. We used to go cruising up 49 till I got a ticket going Well over the speed limit. LOL.

Good Times.

This your first Vette ?

I know exactly where you are.I had an Air Force buddy of mine who had a Pantera years ago. We used to go cruising up 49 till I got a ticket going Well over the speed limit. LOL.

Good Times.

This your first Vette ?

Been there. Done that. :L

This is my second Vette. I purchased it in June of '04 out of Texas. My first was a 1994 Torch Red convertible I bought locally in 2001. I loved that C4 and would still have it if I could afford 2 of them.

Here's my favorite photo of my "gone but not forgotten" C4.

1994_TorchRed_Convertible.jpg

Beautiful...I love the Torch Red. I have a Red 84' also.

Question. Tell us of the difference(s) that you experinced between the C4 & C5.

Ride,Handling Performance ,Road Feel etc.?

'had a momentary laps of logic and opened this thread. I'm form there but it has been a long time.

Was the year 1978 & did his name start with ¨P¨ . If yes he lived in an apartment in OS MS and bought the Pantera from me. Problems with the engine box but that was the norm with Pantera. Otherwise it was a solid car which is a lot to say since it came from ¨Mars Used Car¨ in Memphis.

'Oh Mississippi Ur on my mind¨*
*and SE Louisiana... you folks have a fun and safe holiday season.

'had a momentary laps of logic and opened this thread. I'm form there but it has been a long time.

Was the year 1978 & did his name start with ¨P¨ . If yes he lived in an apartment in OS MS and bought the Pantera from me. Problems with the engine box but that was the norm with Pantera. Otherwise it was a solid car which is a lot to say since it came from ¨Mars Used Car¨ in Memphis.

'Oh Mississippi Ur on my mind¨*
*and SE Louisiana... you folks have a fun and safe holiday season.

No, He lived in Gulfport ,His enitials were G.L. and it was Orange. I don't remember the year.He was an ex Air Force Captain at Keesler AFB. Later retired and sold Ford,Lincoln Mercurys.

Beautiful...I love the Torch Red. I have a Red 84' also.

Question. Tell us of the difference(s) that you experinced between the C4 & C5.

Ride,Handling Performance ,Road Feel etc.?

Hmmm.... (as she puts on her thinking cap ;) )

The C4 was tighter on the curves... I remember being more comfortable with aggressive driving on curvey roads with the C4 suspension. My C5 doesn't have either the F45 (driver selected ride control) or the Z51 (Performance Handling Package) options. The C5 is quite capable on the curves. I enjoyed driving the Tail of the Dragon in it... pushing it a little more each time - even in the rain. I never got the chance to drive the C4 on the Dragon.

Also with the C4, I felt more of the road... which is good or bad... depending on how you look at it.

IMHO the C4 and the C5 represent the marque like this: the C4 was as close to driving a racecar as I'll ever come. The C5 is about power AND creature comfort. The C4 is a well loved and capable, though less polished brother.

I don't know if that answers your question but hopefully I've made some sense.

:wJane Ann

Makes alot of sense.I have the same opinion as well as alot of others who have owned both models.
I appreciate you thoughts Jane Ann.

Dennis

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom