Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Who's Moving On To A C6?

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
Well gang, the C6's have been out for several years now and I was just wondering how many of you a planning to move on to a C6. For me it's not an option. I got a small fortune wrapped up in my C5 an I love the car. But I must admit that whenever one of those C6-Z06's appears...I get that old "must have" feeling. How about you?
Remo:cool

Remo, the only C6 I would want would be a ZO6 but even though the prices are down a bit, they're going to have to drop quite a bit more for me to spend that much for a car that is just a toy for me!

Upgrade

I just upgraded from a C4 to a C5 several months ago. We've got newer ones to chose from now? :D Seriously, I'm still loving my 2002. :upthumbs

Dennis

Not me, I'm not really fond of the C6. My car only has 40K on it and many more miles and mods to go. Twin Turbos are next, maybe towards the end of the year.

Sold my quicksilver 03 a couple weeks ago.I'm in the market for an 09 vert.I'll get my order in fairly soon (June -July)

I am surprised that some dealers still have 07's (new)It's a buyers market.

?????

When I bought my C5 it was suppose to be a test to make sure I really wanted a newer Vette. I had planned to move up to a C6 within a couple of years. Now that I have the C5 I'm thinking about not moving up and keeping the C5. We'll see????

Well gang, the C6's have been out for several years now and I was just wondering how many of you a planning to move on to a C6. For me it's not an option. I got a small fortune wrapped up in my C5 an I love the car. But I must admit that whenever one of those C6-Z06's appears...I get that old "must have" feeling. How about you?

Remo,
You also have a small fortune wrapped in your regular winter meds. CAC will be sending you an invoice for staff costs in regulating your more manic moments during the offseason. Payment is due within 30 days of receipt. Don't make me use the word "arrears."
;)

I upgraded from a C5 Z06 to a C6 Convertible last August. The main reason I did this was the fact that the Z06 is a fixed roof construction. There is no removeable roof panel. After three and a half years with this marvellous car, I was frustrated that on a nice day, I could not take advantage of the sun. Still, had it not been for a dealer offer I could not pass up, I probably would have kept the Z06.

Nevertheless, now that spring has dawned in the Rocky Mountains, my decision has been rewarded. I've had a number of days where the opportunity to drop the top, and cruise around with 400 hp has made for a thoroughly enjoyable day. I don't regret the change.

Oh, and Ms Shroeder will be contacting you concerning your winter medical care costs.
:D

-Patrick

Up here were getting in a lot of US 07s for around 45k and that is dirt cheap for Vettes.

I dont know if i could get rid of my car.. to me the C5 Z06 is far more distinctive than the C6. The only thing as someone mentioned is that you just cant get that top off, which is the only downside. I'd even dare say that the C5 Z is more aggressive looking, much moreso than a C6. Its my main reason for keeping it.

It definately looks to be a good time to pick them up though, at least here up north.

I just bought a 2008 pace car- traded in my 04 coupe- had to get the pace car!! love it- I cant belive the difference!! power , steering handeling, almost everything is better in the 08!! also I hated the wind noise in the 04- anything over 80 mph- the 08 the window goes into the weather stripping no wind noise at all !! - also my car insurance went down 150 bucks a year - could not believe it!
Up here were getting in a lot of US 07s for around 45k and that is dirt cheap for Vettes.

I dont know if i could get rid of my car.. to me the C5 Z06 is far more distinctive than the C6. The only thing as someone mentioned is that you just cant get that top off, which is the only downside. I'd even dare say that the C5 Z is more aggressive looking, much moreso than a C6. Its my main reason for keeping it.

It definately looks to be a good time to pick them up though, at least here up north.

Mayby in a couple of years I can add one to the list, need to pay for doctors first. I think the c3 would be the next one though. I suffer from Corvette math- always add and multiply, but not subtracting or dividing.

Payment Due

Remo,
You also have a small fortune wrapped in your regular winter meds. CAC will be sending you an invoice for staff costs in regulating your more manic moments during the offseason. Payment is due within 30 days of receipt. Don't make me use the word "arrears."
;)

Oh, and Ms Shroeder will be contacting you concerning your winter medical care costs.
:D

-Patrick

Patrick - thanks for the reminder. I'll PM Tammy and DRTH VTR with my credit card numbers. Maybe I can get the 2% net 10 terms.:L

2384135810103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

Well, I moved up to a C6 from a C4 a year ago...sort of.:D My husband has a C5 so I had some opportunities to drive that one. I think the jump to a C6 from a C5 is pretty impressive. I absolutely love my '05 convertible and drive it as often as I can.

Remo, I'll tell you what I tell my customers who are looking to sell or trade their Corvette. You will more than likely never get back the money you put into your Corvette so as long as you realize that when you do your upgrades, you'll be ok. Once you start thinking that your Corvette is worth $xxx because of what you've done for your own pleasure, then you're in trouble. I tell people just enjoy the Corvette, do whatever you want to personalize it because you want to but don't expect someone else to pay for those changes/upgrades! ;)

Love the C6!!!

Elaine

I've never had the urge to trade my C5 in for a C6. I have had the urge to trade it in for a Porsche GT2. Time will tell.

c6! I haven't moved up to a c2 yet. Seriously though, I've had two c5's and I loved those. I'm on the hunt for one again, but I have to get rid of an Avalanche first, and this is not the best time to do it. Now if a great deal on a c6 came along, I wouldn't turn it down. I loved the c5 so I'm sure the c6 is even better.

Sold my quicksilver 03 a couple weeks ago.I'm in the market for an 09 vert.I'll get my order in fairly soon (June -July)

I am surprised that some dealers still have 07's (new)It's a buyers market.

i was reading in a magazine just last week that the 07 vette was the highest number of cars produced since 1984...which is why there are so many still sitting on lots.... it figures... my fathers is an 07 so while it will always be worth something to me, value wise it will never be a big number car...but who cares

I may not be moving to a C6, but I have been looking. You know "The grass is greener on the other side of the fence" thing. I like the C6 styling and reviews mention improved steering/ride and interior/quietness. But the C6 headlights and keyless entry/start are big ???s for me. The C5 is great, I love it, but I sometimes see a C6 and begin to think cheating thoughts. ;)
I am spending time researching the C6 and that may not be good. If I find something to make those :ugh headlights favorable then I am in big trouble.

Save the Wave :w

One of the few things I didn't like on the C5 was the headlights at night.Looked like two big blobs.
What I can't imagine are the improvement from c-5 ----c6 .I can't graspe how it could be that much better.The c-5 was just so good.

Have a 2001 C5 M6 and got the wife a 2007 C6 A6. Now have best of both worlds since I get to drive both. Like the 400hp in the C6 and ability to shift or not shift. But my Torch Red C5 looks so much better than the Machine Silver C6.:D

It's waaaay too early for me to be looking at a C6 right now, since I just got my C5 last November (after considering a C4 - until I drove one.) At first I didn't like the looks of a C6, but as I see more and more of them on the road, they are starting to appeal to me. I only have 54 more payments on my C5, so I suppose by then some C6s should have come down in price enough for me to consider trading up.

s'noJob

Hi Remo,
I love the lines of a C5 roadster and I have also spent a few $$ making "corrections" :D on my car.
I cannot see getting rid of my baby that I bought brand new in December of 2000.
If I'd wanted a C6 bad enough, I would have had one long ago.

For me I guess it boils down to this question:
"Do I love the C6 enough to get one?". Again for me the answer is no.
We all have our favorite generation/s.
I am fortunate enough to own both of my favorites...a C2 and a C5.
I'm gonna hold on to what I have..they make me happy. :)

Be well, :w
Pedro

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom