Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Who's Visited the NCM with their 'Vette?

kgelliott

Corvette
2006 Victory Red Coupe
Just thought I'd get some discussion going on a cold winter's day. :)
Who has visited the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green? Did you take your 'Vette with you? What was your favorite part? Did you get to tour the assembly plant across the highway? Any favorite pictures to post of your visit?
Or, do you have plans to go in the near future? :crazy

There have been a good few of us visit the NCM with our Corvette's, and enjoy the

:CAC

:upthumbs

I've been there several times! The first was for the NCM C5/C6 bash in 2005. Then, we were there for the CAC CruiseFest in 2005 and 2006.

I really enjoyed the Assembly Plant tour (a Private Tour led by 6Shooter :cool), as well as some of the non-vette attractions of the area- like Diamond Caverns and Bells Tavern.
IMG_4229-Medium.JPG

We had our vette there in 2005, but it was too dirty to take a close-up in front of the NCM... :( and then I sold it. :(

We were vetteless in 2006, so... guess it is time to take the 99 back to Kentucky for our next trip this spring. We liked the area so much we bought 100 acres about an hour north of Bowling Green :D

Here are a couple of photos from CruiseFest 2005 and 2006.
2006:
CruiseFest2006_IMG_6133-Medium.jpg

Now- what about you, kgelliott? When did you go, and what did you like best?

Tammy

The first vette I owned was a 2002, and I did the museam delivery :upthumbs. My wife couldn't get off work, but I took my son Bryan along and let him drive it around the parking lot. He was 15 at the time. In this picture he's ducked down in the front passenger seat to avoid being captured on film :eek:hnoes. I have to be honest and say the best part of the trip was the attention and turned heads the car generated :chuckle. The only bad thing is that I got stuck behind a dump truck on the interstate just outside Bowling Green and took a stone chip on the front right bumper. The poor baby was barely an hour old and already wounded in action :mad.

NCMDelivery3.jpg

I've been to Bowling Green and Corvette Heaven 2 years in a row now!! I attended CF05 and CF06.

I've made friends with some of the best people I've ever known in my life and made friends to last a lifetime!!

I loved the NCM, the Assembly Plant was awesome - the people there are the best!! I loved the roadtrips through some beautiful countryside and got some fantastic photos of my Corvette along the way too.

:w Jane Ann

IMG_6170_Edited_NCM_1000.jpg

I am in this picture, along with many other CAC members at last year's Cruise Fest. I am the guy in the white shirt in front of the blue Z06 below the red flags in the upper right of the group.

CruiseFest2006_IMG_6133-Medium.jpg

NCM Visit

I had wanted to visit the NCM for quite a while. Even got a post card from my brother-in-law several years ago from it. However, when I got my new C6 in August, it became a top priority! I visited on a Friday, Dec. 29th, '06. I totally enjoyed it. Went by myself, but that was OK as I got to take my time and read and look at everything I wanted, as long as I wanted.
I especially liked the display with the hydro-formed frame. I had read all about it in the Corvette books I have devoured lately, so the interactive display where I could actually lift it and feel how light-weight it was impressed me. I felt like I took a bunch of pictures, ( had a digital and film camera with me), but even so, wish I had taken more. Of course, I HAD to take the shot of my car parked in front of the Museum! They should just make a special pull-out there for everyone to use; I had a delivery truck right behind me, waiting for me to move.
Can't wait to go back again, maybe make it to a cruisefest. I didn't get to tour the plant, though, as it was shut down for Christmas break. Did get to do some of my own "Corvette testing" in back of the plant on the back road! Touring the plant will be a fun excuse to return! :)

CrovetteNatlMuseum025.jpg

CrovetteNatlMuseum027.jpg

CrovetteNatlMuseum040.jpg

Living so close I have been to the museum quite a few times. I would have to say that the tour of the assembly plant was a lot more fun for me. IMHO if you like the museum you will absolutely love the assembly plant! It's a must see for any corvette lover.

Oh, yeah!

Yes, we have been there, too. If you look at the Cruisefest picture, spot the yellow 'Vettes in the center, go to the blue chrome bumper car at 3 o'clock position-that's me in the black shirt.

The Assembly Plant tour was awesome as well. Highly recommended. :upthumbs

Rick
:gap

Yep, my first on the way home from Ohio. 6 Shooter gave me and my brother THE private tour. Thanks Dwayne.

Looks like a gr8 place to park my Vette! My son and I are planning on doing just that this July, and then "exploring" the mountain roads in seKY. I've been on those roads on a motorcycle, Miata and last time in my Mazda 3S, but next time...the Corvette! Should be fun after showing the Museum and plant to my son.

DFO :)

Haven't been there yet, but plan to go in 2008. The NCM has a new membership level for us old vetters, called the Senior Individual Membership[65 and older] that was not available when I joined. It is almost identical to Life membership. One time fee of $500. I would have purchased the lifetime membership when I originally joined, but I don't expect to be around for the 30 years that it takes to break even. But I wanted to be a life member and this suits me just fine.

To show my age, I attended Washington University in the late 50s and early 60s in St. Louis and owned a 56 red corvette. Of course I visited the assembly plant many times over the 5 years I attended (BS + MS in engineering). Even got to visit in 1971 when the Corvette Club in KC, Mo (was a member then) went as a group. I was at the Univ of Ill working on post graduate degree, and met them there. I loved every moment of every visit. Incidently, they had an assembly plant delivery program; purchase from your own dealer and pick up at the dealer across the street from the plant. I always wanted to do this, but when Corvette moved to BG, the option was lost. Now I want to do this thru the museum delivery, but would find it hard to part with either of my corvettes - and I won't own a car if I can't put it in the garage.

This was a good thread - thanks for posting it.

I would have purchased the lifetime membership when I originally joined, but I don't expect to be around for the 30 years that it takes to break even.

You're doing your part by "driving young"! :L

This was a good thread - thanks for posting it.

Glad you've enjoyed it. YOU made it better! Thank you for your input!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom