Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Whose getting what?

The deer population is a danger here in central Illinois too. They really need to expand the hunting season. Some places you have to watch for them on busy city streets. After night fall, high speed runs are a definite no-no.

Charles, we have that same problem around here. They have to be the dumbest animals in the world, or they can't think of anymore than one thing at a time. :boogie

They have expanded the hunting here in KS, can't say that I can see much of a difference yet though.

We have an overpopulation here in GA too. But in my daily walks I used to see 14 day a day. Now I see one every few days. I think people riding horses have scared them from the woods.

I have a buddy who has hit so many all he drives is his beat up old Ford. But what's REALLY funny is when he hits one he just puts it in his truck and dresses it out and eats it. Why waste good meat for the vultures and make the city guys work?

Thank God I have never hit one, but I came THIS close a few months ago to hitting a white wooden rocking chair RIGHT in my lane on a two lane road. I had to swerve onto the drunk bumps to miss it. Can you imagine what THAT would have done to the front end of a Vette? I would have to cry.

The stars really do need to align for exceptional milage.
You do NEED to find your car's sweet spot as well as temp/humidity, road grade, distance travelled etc.
Its not JUST where you put your right foot but where you put your nose!
My best highway milage was in VT where speed limit was 75...DRAFTING behind a truck mpg was 32 over quite a long distance. :upthumbs

You can put different drivers in the same car and the mileage will vary greatly.
While most get better mileage with a cruise control I can get much better than a car on cruise because it will throttle up at every hill.
If you hold the throttle steady and allow the car to slow going up hill and it will gain it back after you are over the hill but you must hold the throttle steady and avoid rapid acceleration.

Archives & Bart I agree. I also keep the windows up, but do run the A/C in summer. I am leary of trying to draft behind other vehicles, I feel that I would have to get way to close for my comfort level. That said I did on one trip to Jax in my Sierra get behind an "England" 18 wheeler from Winchester, VA to Statesville, NC and got just a fraction over 25mpg. Never saw it before and not since (but then again I could see the fingerprints on the trailer door from time to time) with the cruise control. The stars really lined up that day. But i am older now and have a better selction of CDs.

Paul, yes, don't you just hate it when those rocking chairs break out of the corral, but we should count our blessings. Think of those poor folk living farther noth where the Moose and Elk roam???? Locally here we also have some really mentally challenged goats, sheep, and the d*#"n dairy cows. Those cows will require a flight suit change. The cows are worse thatn a herd of kittens for cognitive capacity.

I ruined a very nice Nova SS once with an untimely run in with a black cow at night. :(

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom