Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Why a Callaway over the rest???

*89x2*

Why a Callaway over the rest???

What was the deciding factor in buying your Callaway Corvette vs. another car?

I know back in the 1980's, the only cars to really compare (and were somewhat available) were the Countach, Testarossa, 928s/S4, and a small group of others:cool

Comparing the bang for the buck, the Callaway Twin Turbo was ahead of them all :lou

Fast-forward twenty-years...

The new SC cars and C16 Callaway Supercar are here and the competition is much broader than before - Why did you buy your new Callaway? :cool

Also, Callaway TT and SNAT owners, what made you pull the trigger? Original owner, or nostalgia? ;shrug :w

Great Topic!....

I think that in the price range of a C6 Supercharged Callaway Corvette there is nothing that really compares in terms of performance and reliability, hands down!

:lou

Taking it to the next level, the Callaway C16, adds the luxury and distinction that is only available in really high end performance luxury cars of greater than 2 times its price range.

The only cars that are close in terms of price are the Aston Martin DB-9 (which seriously lacks in performance as compared to the 2008 Callaway C16) and the Lamborghini Gallardo. I don't think either will compare in terms or reliability or maintenance costs. A Mercedes-Benz/AMG SL is close in terms of performance but frankly is not exciting to me in terms of styling (thanks to Reeves and Paul Deutschman). Which leads me to one car which is as exciting in terms of styling as the C16 and that is the Ferarri 430 which is expensive to maintain and seriously lacks power for the price.

In the South Florida area there are a variety of high end dealers of the above and other less popular brands where you can go in a select one of those cars. But the Callaway with its limited production will always be unique - that I treasure as much as its styling, power, and amenities.

-Luigi
:cool

I completely agree.

I've loved super cars since college (in the 70's). My dreams were the Lamborgini, the Pantera or the Maserati Bora. I remember we use to go to Nyack NY a bunch of us to look at the exotic cars at the dealers on Route 59. In those days a top speed of 160 and a V-8 or V-12 with 350 horse was exotic.

Now to own a car that costs less than 100K in today's dollars with the performance and exclusivity of the Callaway Corvette that outperforms all those cars and most supercars made today--wow who would have thought that.

Chevy deserves a lot of credit for creating the canvas on which the artist Reeves paints!

That's why Reeves is so clever, he effectively piggy backs on Chevy's huge development budget and creates something affordable yet special.

Great Topic!....

I think that in the price range of a C6 Supercharged Callaway Corvette there is nothing that really compares in terms of performance and reliability, hands down!

:lou

Taking it to the next level, the Callaway C16, adds the luxury and distinction that is only available in really high end performance luxury cars of greater than 2 times its price range.

The only cars that are close in terms of price are the Aston Martin DB-9 (which seriously lacks in performance as compared to the 2008 Callaway C16) and the Lamborghini Gallardo. I don't think either will compare in terms or reliability or maintenance costs. A Mercedes-Benz/AMG SL is close in terms of performance but frankly is not exciting to me in terms of styling (thanks to Reeves and Paul Deutschman). Which leads me to one car which is as exciting in terms of styling as the C16 and that is the Ferarri 430 which is expensive to maintain and seriously lacks power for the price.

In the South Florida area there are a variety of high end dealers of the above and other less popular brands where you can go in a select one of those cars. But the Callaway with its limited production will always be unique - that I treasure as much as its styling, power, and amenities.

-Luigi
:cool

I agree Luigi. In SFLa, "exotic eye candy" (Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston, etc) is not rare nor special. The CTTC aero bodies still get the looks and comments and a C16 will be as rare as a Pagani or Bugatti.
I've owned an Aston and Lamborghini Gallardo with their short warrantys, expensive repair and maintenance bills and hassle to get them to a dealer (never just around the corner). Since these Callaways are Chevy based its great.....ease to bring to a dealer, longer warranty, inexpensive servicing, etc....the "hassle factor" doesn't exist because they have become bullet proof too.

The look of the engine compartment and body work is my "turn on". The CTTC aero is almost 20 yrs old and still looks fresh, mean and progessive....try saying that about ANY 1989/91 Ferrari, lamborghini, Aston, etc....they all look very dated.
Do I think that the C16 will produce an emotional tingle for its styling ( car guys know this feeling) 20 yrs from now? Yes.
Very rare cars with very high performance that are priced right and look great.....I continue to be sold!

The reason I'm looking towards buying a Callaway C8 is simple. I'm a huge fan of the 4th generation Camaro (particularly the LT1 years--'93-'97) and I want the ultimate in LT1 Camaro. A Callaway C8.

My attraction to rarity and the fact that only 19 C8s exist is nice as well... :upthumbs

Going to have to settle for one without a SNAT for now though! Too young to have my pockets too deep. ;shrug

I wasn't up on the Callaways till I since a road&track write up on the supernatural zr1 and a porsche of some sort.

After that I went out and bought supernatural it was killer, it was the best of all worlds

The aero body, the brakes the wheels, the sound, wish I still had it.

I wasn't up on the Callaways till I since a road&track write up on the supernatural zr1 and a porsche of some sort.

After that I went out and bought supernatural it was killer, it was the best of all worlds

The aero body, the brakes the wheels, the sound, wish I still had it.

Which SuperNatural Callaway did you have??? :beer

Unique, unlike any other corvettes. Powerful and sleek designs. All of the model from the twin turbos to the present C16 speedster and so well engineered and awsome looking.:cool Just to own a corvette with the words `Callaway' on it says it all.:_rock

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom