Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Why so few C1 postings???

CHEV66JB

Corvette
'59 Corvette #5366
I check a multitude of sites each and every day, and am sad to say that there are rarely any new posts on C1's... Why is that??? I'm dying to read up on other peoples' wisdom, tricks of the trade, stories about parts found, the whole shebang- yet, nothing really gets posted.

Is this because C1 owners don't surf the web? Am I just too hyper about my project? Someone enlighten me!!

Jim (CHEV66JB)

Well, Jim,

As you know, I'm a fellow '59-C1 owner, in fact that's what my license plate says - "59-C1".

I too read this forum and have found a lot of good information. I do agree there are a lot of mid-year postings, but that's OK. I've always had good and helpful responses to my questions.

Good luck with your project. I'm trying to run down a voltage leak in my car. The battery goes dead if it sits connected for a day or so. kind of irritating to disconnect the battery every time I drive somewhere.

Paul

Re:

Hi Paul,

I have no issues whatsoever with those who answer my questions- At present, I just feel like it's always me who's asking the C1 questions 8^]

I feel your pain on the battery disconnecting thing- I have to do it with my Chevelle. I believe my horn relay is shot, b/c I hear it "clicking" every time I hook the battery up. Other than that I don't believe I have any shorts.

Do all of your electrical components work in the car? Do you have an active cigarette lighter or anything like that? In my experience, it's always something stupid that's causing it.

Jim (CHEV66JB)

I've been poking around with this problem for sometime now. Actually I think someone else on the C1 Forum asked about this recently too.

Haven't found where the problem might be. I'm trying to figure out a good diagnositc procedure, you know where to put a meter as I pull each of the fuses. I'm keep trying and perhaps post another question here.

Paul

C-1 on the Forums

Hi!

Just started a body off on my 1961 270 HP so it is now time to start talking C-1's. If anyone needs pictures of parts or restoration processes let me know and I will post!

Ray

Jim,
I think the relative small number of C1 posts is due to several factors. The first being that there are much less of these cars around than any other series. The second factor is that a very large percentage of these cars are owned by people who have owned them for a long time and already have the car pretty well sorted out. There a a huge number of these cars which are fully restored cars and are only taken out for the occasional weekend drive. There are a lot of these cars out there that will only change hands when the current owner dies. There are a lot of us out there that have knowledge of the C1 years, but you will have to ask questions since there are so few cars being restored . There just is not the kind of back and forth that there is on later year models. The C1 years have been studied and documented for so many years that there is not much new information coming out on them like other years. This is exactly why the C1 cars share a section with C2 cars on almost every board out there, there just is not enough traffic out there to justify the C1 cars standing on their own.
Regards, John McGraw

61' Restoration

After owning my 61 for 32 years, (31 in my Dad's barn) I have it in my garage and am getting close to lifting the body off the frame. Any helpful comments are welcome. Also would like to see any pics of how other lifts were done. Thanks, Larry #7643 Tuxedo Black/Silver Cove

Well jim there are more 59ERS FINDING THERE WAY HERE EVERY DAY FIRST TIME HERE LOOKS LIKE A GREAT AREA HAD MY 59 FOR 2 YEARS THIS FERBUARY AND LOVE IT, LOVE TECH QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ON THIS CAR. MY FEELINGS HOW EVER ARE THERE ARE LESS THEN 1000 RUNNING EXAMPLES OF THE 59 LEFT I Am not the only one who feels this way as i have spoken to some ncrs gurus who have the same feeling maybe your registary will help conclude that. SteveZ

getting ready to do a body off on my 58 290 h.p.would like any info on wheel size and dimensions for building a dolly for body.

Welcome to the CAC Steve,

It does seem like a lot of 59ers are finding their way here. I'm also glad to hear that some of you are starting projects. That will help traffic here a lot. In the past someone would be real active while they were doing a project then back off when they were done. I hope that if there are enough of us here that there will always be something to talk about.

Tom

Re:

Well,

I'm expecting my '59 to keep me busy for at LEAST the next 5 years, so I hope you guys don't get sick of me! 8^]

Jim (CHEV66JB)

CHEV66JB said:
I check a multitude of sites each and every day, and am sad to say that there are rarely any new posts on C1's... Why is that??? I'm dying to read up on other peoples' wisdom, tricks of the trade, stories about parts found, the whole shebang- yet, nothing really gets posted.

Is this because C1 owners don't surf the web? Am I just too hyper about my project? Someone enlighten me!!

Jim (CHEV66JB)
Were out there, :D :upthumbs :bar :CAC :m

CHEV66JB said:
I'm expecting my '59 to keep me busy for at LEAST the next 5 years...

That's nothin'! Ask Tom how long his '59 project has been going on. :L

Hey Tom, maybe these guys can spur you on. :Steer

Re:

I actually goose Tom about his every chance I get- He's been super helpful with helping me identify parts needed and taking a zillion pics of his car to assist me- So, I have to make sure mine's not complete before his!

Jim (CHEV66JB)

Re: Re: Re:

Ken said:
That's nothin'! Ask Tom how long his '59 project has been going on. :L

Hey Tom, maybe these guys can spur you on. :Steer

It's a project?? You mean I'm supposed to work on it?? All this stime I thought it was just abstract garage art.

Huh. I never made the connection.

I've been 8 years now on this restoration. It is indeed a long process! :crazy

- Mike Greene

"Why so few C1 postings??? "

Cause I cant find my 56-57 project car ! (cheap):SLAP ;shrug

I am afraid that the days of cheap C1 project cars are gone for good! It seems that a rolling chassis and body will bring over $10,000 these days by the time you buy all the little parts that are missing and put a drivetrain in it, you will have a small fortune in it!
Regards, John McGraw

Have U tried a different battery? They can be faulty even though new.
There is a lot of good info in small repair shops. Try several and see what info they will share.
Possibly a shop foreman or a parts room attendant. Takes some time but may run across a good source for present and future info.
I believe it is the current Corvette Fever mag that answeres a question of a body off. All kinda different. How many shims were placed at each mounting point. Not a task to jump into blindly.
Good luck

agreed...just aren't enough C1's left that haven't already been fixed or restored. ARCHIVES ! ARCHIVES! ARCHIVES! are you're most valuable resource for info. Virtually every one of the folks who've restored their C1 over the past 5 years have crossed paths with CAC, CF or NCRS boards. Search them all. You'll become an expert on extracting maximum applicable info for your problem/question if you master the "keyword" searches.

BTW, I see/hear C1 used parts vendors often say "Its a good part for a driver". Truth is there hasn't been anyone shopping "driver" quality C1 parts in over 10 years. By now, everyones either;
a) Hunting super rare, hard to find used parts.
b) Buying up NOS anything.
c) Gotten completely discouraged with cost/availability, given up the chase and bought repro.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom