Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Why so few C1 postings???

"Why so few C1 postings??? "

Production quantities for: C-1: 1953 to 1962 69,015

C-2: 1963 to 1967 117,964

C-3: 1968 to 1982 542,811

C-1’s are defiantly in the minority

Ray

Agree, but on the other hand C1's are by no means rare either.
Just think Cobras, Shelbys, Panteras, Yenko's, etc.

And "Cheap" is an ever changing number. If I could find one of
9806 (56-57) cars in need of work in the teens I would be happy.
No rusted out junk, just a solid "non running" not in need of a re-body car.
:upthumbs

Viking, I for one still shop for "driver" quality parts. My 62 is just that; born to be driven! Ken Stapel and I did about 200 miles in her yesterday! :Steer

She looks "orginal" but is not and never will be. Just a fun "toy"! ;LOL

Now, "driver quality" does not mean trashy! I'm kind of proud of my searches for those "nice" parts that are not good enough for NCRS but plenty good enough for my "cruise at the beach"! Sure save a bundle going that way. :s

Hal

:w

"They are still hiding out there."

And hiding well!
I just hope I bump into a 56-57 before you! LOL LOL
Been looking around a little bit Jim, but nothing worth mentioning
"yet" .;shrug
Take care and glad to see you posting!
Your posts are always helpful!
Mark
:m :m

Check my web

Look at my Gallery. there is a 56 in Idaho that is for sale. Owner just found an original, never hit one owner, so 'his project' will be sold. He wants @20k for it. very early car as I remember.

OK, so here's a tidbit I did when I repainted my 57 about 10 years ago.

I went to my local U-Pull-It type of junkyard (Cophers around here) and searched the trunks of all full size GM cars of the late 70s - mid 80s for their temporary spare tires (you know, the "When I grow up I wanna be a Goodyear" skinny-pie-pan- radial-on-a-big-rim-already-inflated one). I happened to be looking for certain spares with 10 holes in the rim - both 4.75 inch and 5 inch bolt patterns as my 57 has 1954 Buick Skylark wire wheels with a 5 inch pattern. They were this size: T125/80D16 This tire is reasonably close in diameter but I'd still only use it on the front - that means if I had a rear flat I'd change a real tire to the rear and use this one on the front, assuring my posi unit of continued good functioning.

With some luck you can find some spares that have never been on the ground. I picked up 6 of them - 2 unused and 4 used for about $50. I replaced my wire wheels with the 4 used ones when the car went to the paint shop. The car looked like a low-rider!

One "NOS" spare resides in my trunk - and it fits with the tire board! (OK, for long trips I do put my 5th wire wheel in there...)

If anybody's interested I can send a pic or two of the spare.

Re:

I too am on the hunt for "driver" quality parts right now- I'll get her back on the road first, and THEN worry about a home equity line application for the NOS stuff 8^]

Jim (CHEV66JB)

Re: C-1 on the Forums

61 Silver said:
Hi!

Just started a body off on my 1961 270 HP so it is now time to start talking C-1's. If anyone needs pictures of parts or restoration processes let me know and I will post!

Ray

61 Silver,

It would be great if you could post all the info on a web page. dave

testing for a current draw that kills the battery

MinnesotaPaul - There are as many ways to do it as you can imagine.

If you start at the fuse box with a DC ammeter, swivel all the fuses out at one end - do not pull them.

If you pull the battery cable off and put the ammeter between it and the battery, the reading should be zero. If not, the problem is an added circuit (electric choke?) or engine bay problem.

If the reading is zero, reconnect the battery, and read between each fuse end and its socket. All readings should be zero except clock and courtesy lamps (if the door is open).

Let us know what happens Minnesota

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom